Freelook Mouse Issue (new)

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

Switching custom cockpit views when in freelook mode causes you to be temporarily unable to look around

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. enter cockpit view mode
  2. Click middle mouse button to enter free-look mode
  3. switch to another custom cockpit view
  4. the mouse now automatically switches out of free-look mode (mouse cursor reappears) and you are now unable to pan the view around by holding down right-mouse button like normal
  5. press middle mouse button to try and re-enter free-look mode and nothing happens (you DO NOT re-enter free-look mode)
  6. press middle mouse button a 2nd time, and finally you are back into free-look mode.
  7. however if you switch custom cockpit views again the process starts all over

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

current version

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

anyone else having thie bug? i can still fly, but it’s very annoying as you have to constantly click the middle mouse button TWICE to get into freelook mode after changing views.

is this a ME issue or a MSFS issue?

picked MSFS back up after a long hiatus. was hoping this bug would have been squashed by now.

but sad panda it’s still here :frowning:
I assume this effect everyone? I’m really surprised there aren’t more votes.

anyone else still running into this issue? it’s still there all this time later. maybe there’s another thread about this as i assume it affects everyone?

I randomly, and out of nowhere, lost all ability to use the mouse in external view to look around. All control bindings have not changed. It’s incredibly annoying.

i dont think thats the same issue as described in this thread. might want to open up a new one

I’m seen this issue on just about every forum and discord channel. And no fix suggested by microsoft/asobo?! Instead they keep tossing in aircraft. Please fix the sim’s basic and fundamental issues. Be smart about the sim.

1 Like