Freelook with mouse SERIOUSLY broken since Update

Thank you for the help but this doesn’t work for me. Tried to config all like the post but is the same as the start, need to slide the mouse from side to side of the desk in less than half second to be able to move the camera 1 pixel, it’s not viable.

Mouselook at release:

Mouselook in 1.14.6.0

1 Like

I have a video shot on August 20th, 2 days after its official release, and it shows that jerking movement of the camera that we see now. The jerking occurs because the mouse has to be moving at a certain speed before the camera will move at all, and when it does it moves it at the faster speed you had to get it to in the first place. But it’s not a new problem by any means.

still not fixed, really a pity, I am annoyed every day, it feels like a broken mouse :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yeas it’s still not fixed the freeview in the Cockpit dosent work in all airplanes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey, i gave up on this sim couple of months ago. Is this issue fixed now please?

No still not fixed. Small mouse movements are not picked up in the sim at all.

3 Likes

I wonder if this is implemented because Asobo thought we would use freelook while clicking switches / turning dials in the cockpit, to make it easier to “hit” the right clickspot. Except (at least for me), this is usually done with turning the camera towards the intended panel, and then releasing freelook to operate switches/dials. So it makes Zero sense with the current speed-filter.

It’d even be easier/less coding for “correct” camera movement instead of what we have now, with a speedfilter making it all very awkward, jagged & sluggish…

It was likely done to facilitate doing the same with a console controller, where small deflections are damped. But that always feels horrible when using a mouse. It’s one of the worst examples of things that can go wrong with a shoddy console port, and I really didn’t expect to see that here.

I know it has been developed on PC first, and ported over to the consoles, but it has been designed from the ground up to be a console title. It can’t be too much work to give us proper mouse control, with raw data that isn’t interpreted in any way.

2 Likes

had this issue, but tried to ignore it. sadly with all the patches and hotfixes Asobo managed to do… well nothing.

2 Likes

I wish there would be an update on this with SU5, my guess is it became most obvious since the VR update, hence the VR Headset acts as a „mouse“ so they smoothed it out to counter the jitter you may experience with VR, but forgot, or didn’t care that normal mouse movement is affected as well?

@OlieTsubasa443 any chance you tried this, since your tip had no effect on this issue?

1 Like

hello, I would really like to know what are your settings for mouse or free camera or what ever you call it. I I understand, your are complaining about the stutter you show in your movie. From my point of view I would be very pleased to be able to be able to use my mouse to move the free view as you can do it on your video (I don’t care of the “slutter”), this feature diseapeared for me about 4 months (or more) ago from one day to the next and I could not get it back. at the moment, from the internal airplane view I have to press the shift key and 2, 4, 8, 6 key to move the view to look around , and from the outside view, I only can use the cntrl 2, 4, 8, 6 to see outside view of the plane. so if you can tell me what anre anre your camera, mouse and others settings, it would be very welcome !

Asobo fixed the mouse issue. They put a note in the release saying IT’S BROKE!

1 Like

Nope. This issue has now tanked the whole sim

1 Like

i wonder how so many users either don’t have, dont see, or don’t care about this issue? The issue of the mouse/TrackIR control uncontrollably stopping and accellerating while moving slowly and constant?

1 Like

Everyone will have it, some are unable to detect it. Or they don’t care. It’s a small issue in the grand scheme of things, but a very annoying one. If it applied to the mouse cursor when on the map screen you’d see more of an outcry about it. As is often the case, those using a console controller will never see it as it masks the issue as it’s a relative input device.

2 Likes

in the grand scheme to make it work on console…

The issue is solved now since yesterday’s update
Just in case nobody noticed hahaha

PERFECT PROBLEM FIXED BY ASOBO

ITS PERFECT IN COCKPIT VIEW AS IT WAS BEFORE.

And by the way I got a 35 to 40% framerate increase for free since yesterday. Basically a CPU and GPU UPGRADE FOR FREE

RTX 3080
AMD 5600X

THANK YOU ASOBO

This topic could be closed now.