(Freeware add-on no google imagery used) River Thames London fixes for default London

Quick video sorry it’s not in 4k but think it shows enough.
Link to the file in dropbox is in the description or pinned in the comments section of the video Download and enjoy :slight_smile:

Will add I don’t have the orbx London city pack so it may or may not work with it will have to try it, won’t break anything literally just remove my file from the community folder if it causes any issue’s.

4 Likes

Great work.

Is this compatible with Orbx London City Landmarks?

1 Like

Have added to my post above yours about it, I don’t have orbx london city pack to check.
I can’t see why not but I have flattened alot of water out which does involve adjusting tile heights around and on the water.
Not sure if some placements of buildings will look off or they will sit where they appear on the water, but someone will have to try it a share some feedback.

If it doesn’t work it’s just a case of removing the file from the community folder and then it will return to how it was before.

I hope it works with the ORBX London Pack because Canary wharf default looks dreadful, nothing like the London skyline and I think the ORBX package is essential. Perhaps you could reach out to Orbx if it doesnt work and work together?

1 Like

Remarkable work - well done. It’s good to see that it can at least be done. Highly regrettable that Asobo released the rivers and coastlines (everywhere) in such a poor state. I doubt very much they’ll dedicate anyone on their team to fixing it. Definitely see a potentially lucrative market opportunity for some enterprising modder to go in, fix all the major rivers and release the fixes, perhaps as paid-for regional addons. (I hope you take my hint - would love to see SE Asia fixed! I’d buy it!).

2 Likes

I did have a go at fixing the Shetlands yesterday but i had issue’s with shadows showing where the hills had been need to learn abit more it’s easy to flatten areas but to make it look natural is the hard part.

I have plans to fix other rivers aswell such as he nile as that is also terrible.

1 Like

Can confirm my edit works great with Orbx London city pack literally purchased it so I could check it. Buildings all located where they should be Looks fantastic combined with my fixes adds so much life to the Thames.
Some live weather screenshots.

4 Likes

Absolutely outstanding. What a fantastic job you have done, well done!
What a miserable day! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks have you actually tried it out yet? Yep pretty accurate here for the south of the uk.

Apparently this isn’t the updated version of the Orbx London city pack as for some reason the marketplace in the sim hasn’t updated the pack.

It was like this in the South West (EGGD is about 6 miles away from me in a straight line) but its brightened up now.

1 Like

Sorry, missed your question. I have downloaded and installed it but have not tried it yet. Still waiting for MS Marketplace to update the Orbx London scenery to the latest version.

1 Like

Yeah even though I bought the orbx London scenery today, it still installed the first version.

I gather its due sometime soon now that they have corrected an issue with Marketplace.

1 Like

Brilliant stuff.
Thank you so much for your work
Going to install it after tea.

1 Like

Thanks enjoy :slight_smile:

Now MS/ASOBO are closer to call this revolutionary simulation!

G R E A T W O R K !

1 Like

Thanks for your hard work :+1:

2 Likes

Can somebody fix Rotherham, no I mean it, looks shocking in msfs and real life lol

Awesome! Glad ya got it done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still a few things to tidy up but wanted to move on to something else for a bit.

Currently tidying up the area around Southampton airport and the dock area for my next release.

1 Like