[Freeware] Agua Caliente Springs (L54)

Agua Caliente Springs Airport serves residents of rural east San Diego County and visitors to Agua Caliente Hot Springs County Park. It’s located 95 miles east of San Diego. The airfield looks like a blacktop field next to a two-lane desert highway in the middle of nowhere. Approach runway 11 is challenging and weather permit it’s highly recommended to land on runway 29.

Free to download: Agua Caliente Springs (L54) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

Features

• Improve all ground textures
  • Improve and fix the windsock area
  • I keep voluntary the big marking AGUA CALIENTE on the runway abeam the windsock (remove after 2018)
  • Add details and life on apron and parking
  • Add some terraforming to simulate “berm, ditch, sand both sides of runway”

More info for pilots

Agua Caliente has only one runway 11/29 with 2500 x 60 feet (762 x 18 meters). Wind permitting use of runway 29 for landing and runway 11 for departure recommended due to a 460 feet hill 1/2 mile west of the airport. Right Pattern runway 29. Left pattern runway 11. Frequency: aircraft shall self announced on CTAF prior to landing or departure. Runway 11/29 closed Sunset-Sunrise; Not lighted.

Free to download: Agua Caliente Springs (L54) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

9 Likes

Very limited, spartan accomodations there with nothing nearby. Any idea what people use it for in real life?

As described, maybe…

Agua Caliente Hot Springs County Park.

And it’s an original destination for private pilots, just behind the mountain of San Diego before continuing eastbound or joining Palm Springs :wink:

Is the apple tree still there in the village? You know, the one where Clint and Lee helped the young lad collect the apples.

1 Like

I had to search ! :wink: https://youtu.be/MocnTuhkQdQ?si=FxfOh6i3hrAcVDx9

1 Like

Great work as always. Are there any San Diego County airstrips left that you haven’t done yet? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Ocotillo (L90) ? Jacumba (L78) ? Based on this website: Airports

Frankly speaking, two airfields that I never visited nor known before looking for all San Diego County property :wink:

Finally did it :wink: Jacumba Airport (L78) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

1 Like

Sad news. Here’s why flight simulator are useful: the real Agua Caliente is officially closed for a while. The runway has large fissures and places where the soil was bubbling beneath the asphalt. It seems to be a million dollar operation. Very possibly we’ll see the NOTAM “!SAN 02/026 L54 AD AP CLSD 2402061855-2408312359” renewed. So… Enjoy Agua Caliente in MSFS!*

1 Like