[Freeware Airport] EHKD - Den Helder De Kooy

Version 0.1 is almost ready for some testing. Ground markings to do but coming along nicely dont you think? Compare for yourself. (No im not a pro so its not 100 % perfect :stuck_out_tongue: )

5 Likes

Looking good Xander, I lived in Den Helder for 21 years,
but I’ve never been on the airport itself :pleading_face:
It will be nice to fly there soon.

1 Like

WOW! Love it!

Version 0.1 is online
Tips and bugs are welcome to report on here.
First airport so im still learning to add more in depth functions.

6 Likes

Tips are welcome.

1 Like

Great work for starter!

Can you make an underlying polygon with “excludeallrunway” and “excludeallils” (or this is in the general options, dont remember), to make this work in cojunction with Navigraph data? right now they are on top of each other with double ILS, lighting and runways

1 Like

Nice work. You should really include satellite imagery as it’s way better than the default ones. Take a look at my EHEH thread you should see a big difference.

1 Like

Those are some BIG cars by the way lol

2 Likes

I tried like 10 times to make that work. But for some reason it doesn’t work. Tried it yesterday on another project Texel and there it works like a charm. This its because i use ground textures of grass. But you are welcome to give it a go!

1 Like

Sure i go and have a look… but there wasnt any runway before i started building. I found the options so i hope it solves the problem

1 Like

Yeah we had the same with EHEH. Nothing native in there, but Navigraph added all existing airports into the game, so they make for double scenery with these addons. But this should fix it! I’ll let you know when a new version is up!

Very nice Xend3r. I work on the military side of the airport. It was a shame to hear that that the military airfields were left out of the sim. Thanks for your work and keep them coming :slight_smile:

Yes! I fly from the aeroclub so thats why it had to be made! I will keep improving this beauty.

2 Likes

excellent news!! i will follow your progress closely.

Xand3r123 dank je wel echt super.
een hoop werk denk ik om dit te maken?
Nogmaals bedankt voor deze post!

2 Likes

I waited for this airport (and EHEH) since the dowload of FS2020.
Thanks a lot, great work! I wished that I could do this my self.
I’m very anxious about your Texel project.
May be put some para’s in it (lol).
I’m going to try “How to create custom made scenery 1.1” by Agusy=tine Winther
Hope to get a little bit close to what you’ve done.

Te gek topper! Bedankt…
Peter

Looking good. Can’t wait to try it!!

Suddenly all 3rd party military fields (EHKD, EHEH, EHLW) won’t load anymore. Am I doing something wrong? —>
Suddenly they load again… strange things happen…

Definitely! Been there often although 5+ years ago… Keep up the good work!

I have the same issue with this scenery. There are two runways, ILS’s, etcetera. Can I solve this myself?

Cees