[Freeware] EDDS Stuttgart Airport Work in Progress (Missing Airport) Community Project

Of course.
Unfortunately (as you read on my other thread) i messed up building the scenery and can’t reopen the projekt now. But im glad to send you my project data if you want me to to see if you can fix it.
But as far as i see, you’re almost done. So maybe the aerial (which works) is enough for you. So just download it from the other thread and place just “overlay” within your community folder.

2 Likes

Superb, keep on good work!

1 Like

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai9P4Ki-jYdoiVIWrBe1Z2FnPBPn?e=6EPvUk

just pushed a new version for you guys, just hmu for feedback please.

changelog is mostly more taxiways and parking spaces added. also, the north and south helipads are now included.

3 Likes

Nice. EDDS is being built. I’m sure you’ll be done before the BER is opened :wink:
Thanks a lot.

In case you’re interested: some people have converted an existing EDDS airport from ORBX Germany South Scenery. Maybe there’s some info you can use or some FSX Freeware airport you can convert.

1 Like

yeah thanks, i heard about that already and ive gotten one file as of yet. the problem however is that whatever i use from these addons makes it illegal to publish this thing as myself for you guys so ill be remodelling the whole thing as my own work. feel free to join!

1 Like

NEW VERSION UP RIGHT NOW https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai9P4Ki-jYdoiVIWrBe1Z2FnPBPn?e=6EPvUk (same link as before)

changelog:

• added aerial imagery (huge thanks to @NoteBeule338
  • reworked entire apron, taxiway positions and runway position and heading
  • added ILS antennas
  • added radio frequencies (real ones) for deliv, tower, grnd, atis,…
  • added ILS frequencies for 25 and 07 (http://europlanet.de/vaFsP/charts/EDDS.pdf for reference)
  • added south apron (MIL and freight)
  • added southern taxiways
  • parking spaces overhauled
  • PAPI lights overhauled (3° tilt like in reality)

Enjoy the airport! Send me your feedback, I’m totally willing to fix stuff by your request.

8 Likes

I always get a “Download fail” after I try to download it.
Would like to fly from Basle Moulhuse Freiburg Airport to Stuttgart… do I have to get an onedrive account?
Please advice. Thank you.

Care to share how you added radio frequencies and ILS frequencies as I have like nowhere near found where I could set those for EHEH!

I dont think you need an account, my guess is that just something went wrong for your onedrive - try a different browser. if the error consists, contact me again, ill create a new link

It’s not that hard actually. Look at the SimpleNavData-sample that comes with the SDK, that’s got all the info for COMs, SIDs, STARs and approaches. However, some parameters are in that that I would need documentation for, and MS haven’t done that yet so we’ll see.

In a nutshell, for COMs frequencies add lines like

<Com frequency="119.85" type="APPROACH" name="STUTTGART Approach"/>
<Com frequency="119.2" type="APPROACH" name="STUTTGART Approach"/>
<Com frequency="125.05" type="APPROACH" name="STUTTGART Approach"/>
<Com frequency="126.12" type="ATIS" name="STUTTGART ATIS"/>

to your airport-xxxx.xml-file, in which also all the taxiways and stuff are defined. You need to do this in a text editor program. Don’t forget to save and build it in MSFS afterwards. For the ILSs, it’s a bit more difficul, but it’s also a line of code in the same file like

<Ils lat="48.68367552805346" lon="9.18926736802847" alt="386.55530308466405" heading="74" frequency="110.9" magvar="0.0" ident="ISTE" width="5.0" name="ILS 07"/>
<Ils lat="48.68367552805346" lon="9.24744795028002" alt="386.55530308466405" heading="254" frequency="109.9" magvar="0.0" ident="ISTW" width="5.01" name="ILS 25"/>

The important thing to know is you need the right location for the transmitter, else your loc and g/s will lead you into oblivion. I made sure of that by placing an asset in that exact location, from which i then copied the lat and long vars. I just created an ILS antenna asset in the place where the real airport has it (Google Maps for reference). Then checked the XML for that asset and copied the vars. Also, make sure you get the exact runway heading right, but I guess you know that already. The frequencies and stuff I got from Jeppesen and OpenFlightMaps.

HMU if you need further assistance.

3 Likes

Oh derp I completely overlooked those samples (might have forgotten about them) when I first installed the SDK. But ye I got a document of EHEH that lists the exact coordinates of the ILS antenna’s and other frequencies. Thanks!

If by any chance you figure out how to model the approaches and stuff correctly, please inform me :slight_smile:

Thanks for this work! EDDS is one of my favourite airports around germany. Only Karlsruhe Baden Baden Missing now in this Sim :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Karlsruhe Baden Baden is in, ICAO: EDSB

Yeah, I mean as a custom modeled airport :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

New version up, changelog:

• Added taxiway names (alpha, please test and give feedback)
  • fixed ILS LOC and G/S position
  • fixed runway spawning position

Download via the link given in the main thread post

6 Likes

Thanks for your work on EDDS! Some suggestions:

• ATIS is not working, is that correct?
  • I would define the parkings with a jetway as type GATE, makes it easier to see what gates you can use for the A320 for example.

ATIS seem to be not working correctly in custom airports, I have added ATIS to Eindhoven EHEH as well but both this airport and my own have no ATIS at the moment. Unless we both do something wrong but the example just showed one line to add :thinking:

Thanks for bringing EDDS into the sim.

My sim crashes if I set EDDS + some runway for arrival (without setting a departure). Normally, it sets you up on final for the selected arrival runway.

@ SphinxBesen3514 I liked it without reading, the title was enough for me.
thanks for what you do, how can i help?