[Freeware] Fallbrook Community Airpark (L18)

Free to download for PC : Fallbrook Community Airpark (L18) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

Fallbrook is a small general aviation airport is uniquely located. Few miles between San Diego, Los Angeles and Palm Springs, it’s unique, sited on a lone mesa a few hundred feet above the city. “Its spectacular runway views include Mt. Palomar, home to the world-famous 200-inch reflecting telescope, to the east. To the west is the Marine’s Camp Pendleton, to the south is the San Luis Rey Valley, and to the north sits the largely agricultural community of Fallbrook, most famous for its avocados, and a handful of celebrities who mostly want to remain anonymous” (source AirportJournal Returning Fallbrook Airport to Former Glory | Airport Journals).

IMPORTANT : please note that my skill in terraforming were highly challenged and that I’m not fully satisfied with the result but so far it’s the best I can do. For example, the taxiway going uphill are far from perfect and should be taken at slow speed and with maximum caution.

Features

• Add the pulsating VASI (Pulsating white – Too high // Steady white – On glide path // Steady red – Too low // Pulsating red – Dangerously low)
  • Add several building’s signs of local business (if you know more, let me know!)
  • Add specific taxiway signs (warning, do not enter, runway direction…)
  • Add the water tower and solar farm (POI) indicating the downwind
  • Add 2 helipads at emergency & transient aprons
  • Add hundreds of detail: static aircraft, opened hangars, small objects spread all around the airfield, ground markings…
  • Special attention to blend all apron with the underlying satellite image
  • Replace the windsock
  • Replace all AI generated hangars by more appropriate object (opened hangars and shade shelters)
  • Clean of AI generated taxiway sign, replace blue poles by passive reflector blue one.

8 Likes

Don’t forget the link!

1 Like

Great as ever :heart_eyes:

Thank´s a lot!!!

1 Like

Oups, thank you!

Update v1.1 released.

• Set the scenery as Star Airport
  • Add new “If you know what’s written here” signs on taxiway around the runup 36
  • Add new Warning signs visible from the view point area
  • Add dozens of new details
  • Update taxiway signs holding point 18 (thanks to Bill4LE Youtube video)
  • Fix helipad markings on transient apron
  • Improve Flight School building’s sign
  • Improve the Water Tank visual point on downwind
  • Reduce the global size of the blue reflector poles

1 Like

Version 1.2 tries to improve the elevation and terraforming which is a challenge for my dev skills. Don’t expect perfection. I finally add the red box around the pulsating VASI as it is in real life. And enhance and fix several minor things here and here. Hope you enjoy!

1 Like

It would be great if the upcoming World Hub would provide a way for you to push your improvements into the base sim. I’m not sure if that’s how it’s going to work, but one can dream.

As far as I know it’s not design this way. Hopefully as some of my 3D objects and my capability to drop hundreds of small objects here and here would crash the console :wink: