[Freeware] Jacqueline Cochran Regional Airport (KTRM)

The Jacqueline Cochran Regional Airport (ICAO: KTRM) is located in the Coachella Valley—known as the Desert Resorts Region, the City of Palm Springs. 70nm up north San Diego and 115 nm east from Los Angeles LAX. KTRM is 115 feet (35 m) BELOW mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 17/35 is 8,500 by 150 feet (2,591 x 46 m) and 12/30 is 4,995 by 100 feet (1,522 x 30 m). You’ll also find FBO’s, Civil Air Patrol (CAP),Riverside County Sheriff Thermal Heliport (ICAO: 1CA2), flight school and of course avionics and mechanics shop.

Available for free at : Jacqueline Cochran Regional Airport (KTRM) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

Author’s note
As for all of my MSFS mod, this small scenery is made from a pilot-eyes perspective. FBO’s has changed a lot this last years at Thermal: Desert Jet Center Landmark, Ross Aviation, Thermal Aviation Self-serve, Signature… and I wanted to keep all these names although it’s not anymore as real as it get, today Sept’22. Let me know what you think.

This mod is made with 99% of MSFS default objects library and feature massive number of details. The scenery is inspired by aerial views from Bing and Google maps. It’s a mix between the satellite imagery displayed from MSFS and more accurate data found on Internet. I did my best based on online video and online pictures.

900+ objects have been added to the default scenery to make in more live and bring a touch of an active area. If you have local pictures to help being more accurate, let me know!

Features

• All taxiway markings verified and redesigned if needed.
  • Fix VASI 2-box (Runway 17) and Papi 4-light (runway 35)
  • Fix VASI 2-light Papi (runway 12-30)
  • Fix the color of re-asphalted taxiways and runway, add weathered asphalt
  • Fix and add correct windsock(s)
  • Fix circuit pattern correct position
  • Reveal the compass rose at Desert Jet Center
  • Add generic buildings to replace autogen MSFS
  • Add the “new” Desert Jet FBO which doesn’t appeared on Bing satellite imagery
  • Add Signature FBO. I voluntary keep Ross Aviation and Landmark Aviation big signs on hangars.
  • Add Riverside County Sheriff Thermal Heliport (ICAO: 1CA2)

Enjoy this freeware: Jacqueline Cochran Regional Airport (KTRM) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

9 Likes

Awesome thank you so much for this free download. For anyone who does not know Jacqueline Cochran was an important aviation figure, pilot , and good friend of Chuck Yeager

2 Likes

This is a detailed freeware scenery that is perfect for business jet operations as a number of such companies are based at this airport.

This scenery gets a :+1:

2 Likes

I have really enjoyed this airport the last few months. The detail is awesome!!

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you all for your comments. Enjoy this new update v1.0.3:

• Fix some misplaced blue poles
  • New Thermal Self-Serve textured fuel serve

4 Likes

NeoFly took me here on a lunch-time cargo flight.

1 Like

v1.0.5 released.

• Clean-up Desert Jet (and the old Ross/Landmark) ramp (per user request)
  • Start enhancing the Desert Jet public zone. Maybe further dev later.

1 Like