[Freeware] Jacumba Airport (L78) San Diego

“Flying over, or driving by on Interstate 8, you might miss tiny Jacumba. But hundreds of soaring enthusiasts know the airport and some even know where the town is. However, few people know what Jacumba is all about.”

Free to download for PC: Jacumba Airport (L78) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

“On weekends you’ll find sail planes being towed aloft to catch the thermals, with pilots who savor the solitude and challenge of powerless flight. During the week the airport is quiet, inhabited by hawks and their prey.”

Jacumba is the home of the Associated Glider Clubs of Southern California (AGCSC) flying every Saturday. Jacumba is part of County of San Diego airport and one of my freeware covering GA airports.

Features

• Terraforming to level and match elevation + relief of the area
  • Add the Solar farm and the Powerplant of the Jacumba Valley Ranch Energy Park
  • Add winch(s) for gliders
  • Add the border wall ;(
  • Add small specific signs (and some “Help wanted”)
  • Add static gliders on apron
  • Remove several erroneous buildings on hills around the field
  • Replace the runway marking with custom one (bigger numbers)
  • Fix vegetation at close proximity of the field
  • A lot of correction on ground textures

More info for pilots

Field elevation is 2844 feet MSL, CTAF on 122.900, no services available, runway 07-25 is an asphalt of 2562 x 60 feet (781 x 18 meters). Right pattern for runway 25 and left traffic runway 7. Use caution with the hill facing runway 7. Airfield is located along the 8 Hwy.

Use extreme caution for the US/Mexican border (ADIZ) which is very (very) close, approximately 615 ft of runway 0-25. Frequent gliders during weed-ends, powered aircraft be alert for glider traffic launching from the field and operating on and in the vicinity of airport, surface to 18000 ft MSL. Rapid rising terrain all quadrants.

Free to download for PC: Jacumba Airport (L78) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

Developper’s remark: I’m sorry to have created this airfield which already exist as a freeware by Mountainair. I wanted to “finish” all fields of the San Diego area and forget to double check. My bad. Nevermind, it took me only one afternoon to build this tiny field. Now you have the choice!

6 Likes