[Freeware] NZMF Milford Sound (New Zealand) RELEASED V2.3

Yes, you can download the 1.8 versione avaible for download

in next update… harbour coming

4 Likes

2 Likes

Looks amazing mate!
Will this be compatible with the Orbx mesh by chance!? That would top it off.
Have had to stick with v1.8 as that is what works best with the orbx stuff currently :wink:

1 Like

Yes please make this compatible with the Orbx mesh! Would be amazing. Thanks for continuing to update this mod - it’s the best!

1 Like

A BIG THANKS to @hnielsen791 for give his permission to use some model from his incredibile works with Global AI Ship Traffic V1 for MSFS without this, the cruise port would never have been the same

DEM ORBX question:
this product is a free scenario which mainly supports all free developers like Henrik or Mike.at

I haven’t had the chance to try the Orbx dem yet, however it will become very challenging to support 2 different scenarios with different DEMs.
You need to figure out how many people use Mike’s free dem or Orbx’s paid one.

I’d like to see lots of comparison screenshots so I can understand what’s best for the community.
maybe someone could do it

3 Likes

When it comes to DEM, it’s not just about looks but performance too as there are different techniques being used that have significant affect in that area.

surely it is also as you say.
However, we also try to understand that not everyone can buy a DEM or doesn’t want to. Now I wonder, of all those who have downloaded the scenario, how many use the free dem and how many use the paid one?

That’s the problem, whether free or not, poor performance means not likely to continue to use it and what may be poor for one isn’t for another and so we get fragmentation in the environment unless Asobo actually improves it.

I bought the Orbx mesh day one, well before the free one showed up.
Out of curiosity I tried the free version. It was of no comparison, for ME. Similar yes and if you don’t want to buy something, sure it’s great. But size is a huge difference… ~500mb (for Orbx) vs the ~3Gb for the free version. Also no terrain morphing in the orbx one and no FPS hit like I got from the free one. Another big plus for the Orbx mesh is I havent had any compatibility issues with ANY addon airports around the country, even the unregistered bush strips that aren’t placed by deafult (AI) in the sim. There has been no need to update anything after installing the Orbx stuff.
Plus, there seems to be less issues with some locations and certain mountins that the free one just doesn’t reproduce accurately (albeit, not many places at all, just noticeable after flying the Orbx mesh).
Overall, even with the similarities, I much prefer the Orbx approach to the mesh and, knowing they will eventually update with 1m data it was well worth the small amount of cash.

I would do some comparisons, but I have deleted all the files for the free mesh and don’t plan on redownloading them… Sorry! :slight_smile:

P.s. those screenshots look absolutely phenomenal! Top work mate!

3 Likes

The harbour pics look fantastic! Can’t wait for the next update. Is it possible to include a dock or two for seaplane operations? Don’t know how realistic this is but it sure would make a nice home for the new C172 freeware amphibian.

1 Like

Yes why not. Btw not in this harbour, but in the other one, the local fishing harbour.
Maybe in next 2.1 or 2.2

1 Like

v2.0 released

What’s new in V.2.0
+orbx dem compatibility
+fix height layer
+fix tree layer
+add cruise harbor 3d model

6 Likes

Can’t wait to try out this new version!
One of my favourite places to fly in the sim :smiley:
Thank you heaps!

Thanks so much! Love flying out of here but i love my ORBX mesh more :smiley: Really grateful to you for going to the extra effort to support us ORBX mesh users. Time to get the Bell47 out and have a good explore!

work in progress from next version

3 Likes

WoW! Looks stunning. I know you’ve been asked to accommodate many other mesh addons and I can appreciate this can get a bit frustrating. However, might I ask if there will be a version that includes the harbour upgrades for those that only wish to use the default mesh? I get mixed results with addon meshes and wish to stay with the default mesh, which I don’t find too bad at all in NZ.

I’m sorry but it’s unlikely.
It means doing double works every time i made an update and I don’t have the time.
my job is another. This is just a spare time hobby. Hope u can understand

Thanks for responding and I completely understand. Just thought I’d mention however that judging by the number of downloads, your excellent scenery has been downloaded over 15,000 times at flightsim.to whereas Mikeaat’s enhanced mesh currently shows approx. 2000. I would expect even fewer users of the Orbx mesh as it is a payware product. This probably means that there are many more users of your scenery that still use the default mesh. Not trying to change your mind here, I just found the relative numbers interesting. Irrespective, your prior versions not including the harbour enhancements still provide for an excellent experience and one that I will continue to enjoy. Thanks again for all your hard work and dedication to this project.

1 Like

wip from 2.1

8 Likes