[Freeware & Payware] My CNC3 Brampton – Caledon Airport scenery released (Toronto area, Ontario, Canada)

My CNC3 Brampton – Caledon Airport scenery released.

You can download it at https://flightsimulation.romandesign.ca/ in Lite (free) and Pro ($15) versions, and you can also download my free scenery enhancement packs there for Toronto, Mississauga, Oakville and Niagara areas.
For free downloads you just add to cart and check out, it will only ask for a name and an email, so I could notify you of updates. No address or billing information is needed for free or pro. PayPal checkout will only engage for a paid version.

I’ve been working really hard on that one, and hope people will enjoy it. Toronto area certainly needs some love and care in MSFS. I hope my efforts are not in vain and increase immersion, realism and enjoyment of the area for many fligtsim enthusiasts. If there is enough interest and demand, I will continue my work for other Toronto area airports.

CNC3 Brampton – Caledon Airport Pro is a meticulosly detailed scenery of a well-known local GA airport in Toronto area, where many of GTA enthusiast learn to fly and enjoy flying for many years. It was designed from scratch for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

CNC3 Brampton Caledon Airport is a well-known local GA airport in Toronto area, where many of GTA enthusiast learn to fly and enjoy flying for many years. The airport is famous by it’s signature blue GA hangars with red roofs and mostly open aircraft pods, and a large open-air tie-down parking area. The original generic scenery looks unrealistic and has many issues, including the lack of the parking area, “baked-in” aircraft silouettes, unnstural grass texture etc. This scenery is replacing 28 generic hangars with a custom 3D models and model variations and includes a total of 38 hand-modelled buildings, as well as plethora of custom and stock objects carefully placed to increase realism and immersion.

Here’s a quick demo video (BTW I composed the music too, for the opening of my prog rock band gig). Video is 1.0 version, 1.1 version has fixed some visual glitches and there is a new RAF flag at the museum now.

FEATURES

• 38 Hand-modeled 3D buildings throughout the airport
  • 28 signature blue semi-open hangars with red roofs modelled
  • Custom start parking spots on the apron (Ramp 11) and inside the hangar (Ramps 14 and 15)
  • Improved and redrawn taxiways, added missing lines and markings
  • Corrected and masked textures and terrain features
  • Multiple aircraft models parked in correct parking areas and inside signature open hangars
  • Main airport building with parallax windows and signage
  • Hand-modelled ultra-detailed small airport beacon on the main building’s roof, replacing unrealistic default large beacon tower
  • The Great War Flying Museum hangar with parallax windows and surrounding area
  • Museum exhibition building with signage
  • 3 accurate customized WWI fighter airplanes rolled out in front of the museum hangar, as they often are during public events – Fokker D1, SPAD S.VII, Royal Aircraft Factory S.E.5
  • 4 Seasons Aviation building and area
  • Welcome airport sign with embedded props and surrounding vegetation
  • Custom-made Canadian flag
  • Custom aprons and aircraft parking, with signature tie-down parking spots
  • Realistic Fuel area with appropriate equipment, personnel shed and correct night lighting
  • Custom night lighting of hangars, illuminating the planes inside and hangar sides
  • Authentic streetlamps around the main building
  • Parked cars, airport vehicles, painted car parking spaces and blocks, picnic tables, fences, vegetation and other random objects added at correct spots for more realism
  • Hand-drawn custom helipad at accurate location
  • Few remaining autogen hangars replaced with more suitable models
  • Wooden walking bridge between the main building and apron, including 2 decorative boulders and picnic area
  • Added a windsock at the correct position with night lighting
  • Several animated people around the airport

1 Like

:boom: Wow!!! :boom:

I’ve waited 20 years for this!!!

Since FS2000 I have been flying all around Ontario and it was always so dull. Designers always made great scenery for the rest of the world and Canada was usually forgotten.

I live downtown and love seeing the CN tower light up and now I can see it in the game which is amazing.

I can’t wait to try out all your scenery. I was so underwhelmed when I saw Niagara Falls the other day. I thought it was my video card but now I realized they totally forgot to give it some waterfall animations. Looking forward to flying around all the places you improved.

I’m curious to know how you did this and how long it took.

Let me know if there is anything I can help with.

Best thing you can do is buy my CNC3 Brampton airport, or donate. It takes so much time to do this that I’m almost ready to give up, unless there is some demand for the sceneries. I’m now working on Buttonville, and then I will stop and evaluate if it’s anywhere close to worth spending so much time on.

Try my free Toronto pack - CN Tower is more details and has correct night lighting and strobes, missing Bloor One building is added, and many areas in GTA are reworked. There are even TTC buses throughout the city!

Niagara doesn’t have water animation, because there is no way to do this as far as I know. But it has much more detailed waterfalls instead of the broken ones, and color-changing night lighting. Plus nice bridges and dams among other things.

everything cool, but the quoted is oxymoron

Why? WWI is historically called “the Great War”, and that is literally the name of the museum there, with WWi flying replicas. “Great” does not only have positive connotations. The Chaplin’s classic comedy about Hitler was called “The Great Dictator” for example, so “great” != “good” at all.

and this is irony… a know about all annotation and history calling, but “not good” great was born in the people with bad memory, they gives a life nonsense like this, just after ww1 and ww2 nobody with sound mind and memory doesn’t call the war great(with all annotation)… because they continued to smell the fried meat, and doesn’t divide words annotation for sound good

No, there is no irony nor is it an oxymoron. “Great” primary definition refers to size and magnitude, as in “great wall”, “great war”, “great plague of Marseille” - and that is not an oxymoron by definition too. Webster dictionary even gives example of “great bloodshed”. And only a fourth definition by importance is “used as a generalized term of approval” as in “I had a great time”. So do not confuse the primary meaning with the usage more common for you personally. It was the Great War because it dwarved everything else in history by comparison.

1 Like

never mind, okay, given the demand for barbecue makers in the form of tanks in russia, this dissonance is such a trifle, everything relative, must be all people have different understanding of ethics, and some of them not even people, who know

Hi there

This looks great: recently visited there and got to sit in the Triplane.

Quick question: what is the difference between the free and paid versions?

Thanks

Great question: the free version basically has all of the similar long blue-red hangars and aircraft parking aprons hand-modelled plus added stock models here and there and many small fixes like lines, taxiways, aprons, unnatural grass texture, etc – mostly useful to people familiar with the airport and just wanting the most glaring problems and default messy scenery fixed. Pro version has most of the interesting stuff: hand-modeled main building, WWI museum buildings with rolled-out aircraft (including Fokker triplane), entrance sign, animated true-to-wind waving flags, removed ugly default beacon tower with authentic 3D beacon model on the roof ot eh main building, correctly placed lighted windsock etc.

So you may want to try the free version if you like, so the airport is more recognizable from the air, and to check that you like the quality of the models (although they are simple models in the free version), that it doesn’t affect your FPS negatively etc. and then consider the Pro version ,

1 Like

Cool, thanks for the very quick response.

1 Like

Sure, no problem. Enjoy the scenery.

For those not familiar with Brampton: some photographs I took there last year when we visited the east:

Me in the Triplane:

And a screenshot I took when I flew in there in MSFS shortly after I got the program:

Great to see this scenery

Cool! Nice photos. Well, every building you have on those photos is very closely modelled in my scenery, and both a Fokker triplane and a biplane are very closely matched too, sitting next to the museum hangar.

Here is something to wet your appetit for the upcoming CYKZ Buttonville I’m currently working on:

1 Like

Here’s the CYKZ Buttonville tower model test in the sim.

1 Like

I’ve finally nailed the ultimate parallax windows!

I think I will post a separate and more detailed post about that.

1 Like

I know how you feel. All this does indeed take an insane amount of work and time. I really wish they open the in-game marketplace for anyone wanting to distribute their sceneries (either freeware or payware), and let the community decide about the quality. Actually, I have already seen freeware scenery with better quality than paid scenery on the marketplace, and the scenery in the marketplace is not really that much better than many of what the folks are doing for free here or at flightsim.to…

You have done a great job with this one by the way

1 Like

They have a MSFS Partner program. Here’s to hoping…

Will make a purchase soon.