[Freeware] Placerville (KPVF), California (released)

Placerville airport is located in the heart of the Sierra Nevada foothills and a common plan B for pilot diverting when Lake Tahoe is not accessible. The airport is located on top of a bluff, so you can practice your aircraft carrier landings. There’s a lot of parking spaces and a very practicable fueling island. EAA Chapter 512 as well as Skywagons (aircraft sales and brokerage) are hosted at the field. You can also have a look at inside the Ragtime Aero hangars.

Features v1.0

• Huge amount of work on elevation of the whole airport but also on small areas around and inside the perimeter
  • Hard work blending all revised new airport textures with the underlying satellite images
  • All fences around the airport (thanks to vectorplacement SDK features)
  • Add specific taxiway signs (noise abatement extrapolated from ground charts, if you have their exact meanings let me know)
  • Add Helipad H1 located on north side of runway 05 end
  • Add the Hangtown VOR-DME (objects)
  • Add the Windtee customized for KPVF and the weather sensors
  • Add thousand of small objects to make the airport a more living and immersive environment. Mostly with stocked objects which requires no 3rd party library installation except World Updates.
  • Add several open hangars (with some jewels inside) replacing AI generated.
  • My scenery works better in daylight: invite yourself to the EAA - Chapter 512 summer meeting. Don’t forget to bring deserts, Chapter provides hot dog and hamburgers
  • Special attention to buildings : EAA Chapter 512, Ragtime Aero and Skywagons.com
  • Fix the 4-box VASI runway 5
  • Fix the 2-light PAPI runway 23
  • Fix the airport beacon tower
  • Fix windsock position
  • (WIP) Fix taxiway signs. If you know how taxiway name are layed out, drop me a message and I’ll fix them.

This freeware is now available free to download at flightsim.to only for PC users: Placerville Airport (KPVF) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

This freeware is now available free to download at flightsim.to only for PC users: Placerville Airport (KPVF) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

16 Likes

Love this! I’d routinely fly Auburn, Placerville, and Cameron back in the day. Great airports in a beautiful area. You do awesome work (was just plugging your Oceano Co on Wednesday’s stream) and I’m excited to see this area get some love.

2 Likes

HYPE! For anyone who follows Skywagon University on YouTube, this is the airport he does his videos from and flies out of. Thanks for doing this one Vincent!

1 Like

Great choice. Love all of your stuff!

2 Likes

Screen shots. Still work-in-progress.

2 Likes

Getting closer and closer to the public release

3 Likes

version 1.0 is released. Hope you’ll enjoy. First message of this discussion has been updated with new pics.Placerville Airport (KPVF) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

7 Likes

2 Likes

A tip o’ my hat to you, sir. I noticed your airports down in the San Diego area and actually began flying the TBM again just so I could use them. This one is outstanding just as the others are.

2 Likes

I noticed the XCub next to me might be stuck in the concrete.

Yep, there’isn’t much I can do with these SimObject. It happens.

1 Like

I have published a minor update only to address an issue with my next upcoming projet (Corona KAJO).

New version 1.1.2 available for free with the new 100% orange (US Like) windsock to replace the default MSFS object.