Borrego Valley Airport (ICAO: L08) is a county-owned public airport three miles east of Borrego Springs, in San Diego County, California, United States. Its one runway (8/26) is 5,011 x 75 ft (1,527 x 23 m) asphalt, CTAF/Unicom and host onsite restaurant “The Propeller Bar & Grill”.
Download for free : San Diego Borrego Valley (L08) » Microsoft Flight Simulator
As for all of my MSFS mod, this small scenery is made from a pilot-eyes perspective. In real, I’m a Plus One Flyers member and mostly fly from Montgomery Field (KMYF). I’m real PPL, but a rookie amateur scenery developer: this mod is made with 99% of MSFS default objects library and feature massive number of details. The scenery is inspired by aerial views from Bing and Google maps. It’s a mix between the satellite imagery displayed from MSFS and more accurate data found on Internet. Unfortunately, there’s no taxiway information nor in Jeppesen, FAA or Foreflight data. I did my best based on online video and online pictures. Hundreds of objects have been added to the default scenery to make in more live and bring a touch of an active area.
Borrego? The place-to-be for aerobatics
The International Aerobatic Club (IAC) has a practice and competition area just north of the airport (see white ground markings). Aerobatic pilots from California and the southwest US regularly use it for practice and major competitive events; Two annual competitions are sponsored by the San Diego Aerobatic Club, in April and October. Jump into your CAP 10 or Pitts!
- All taxiway markings verified and redesigned if needed. Mostly position correction and add of “Extended center line” at holding point.
- Fix the solar farm north of the field with handplaced solar panels
- Fix the color of re-asphalted taxiways and runway
- Fix and add correct windsocks
- Fix circuit pattern correct position
- Reveal the BORREGO letters marking on ground
- Reveal and improve the solar farm north of the field
- Add generic buildings to replace autogen MSFS: hangars, admin building, The Propeler restaurant and its upper deck…
- Add AWOS frequency 126.575
- Add Unicom 122.8
- Add PAPI’s at correct position
If you love the San Diego area, you should also consider my other sceneries:
- KMYF Montgomery Field: San Diego Montgomery - Gibbs Exec Airport (KMYF) » Microsoft Flight Simulator
- KRNM Ramona: San Diego Ramona (KRNM) » Microsoft Flight Simulator
- KSEE Gillespie: San Diego Gillespie Field (KSEE) » Microsoft Flight Simulator
- KOKB Oceanside: San Diego Oceanside (Bob Maxwell Memorial Airfield) (KOKB) » Microsoft Flight Simulator
- KSDM Brown Field Muni : San Diego Brown Field Muni (KSDM) » Microsoft Flight Simulator
- The Bush Trip “San Diego VFR Transition” : San Diego VFR Transitions » Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Sedona scenery (free from the stocked MSFS)
- World Update II (USA) + World Update X (USA)
Borrego Valley (L08) is available for free : San Diego Borrego Valley (L08) » Microsoft Flight Simulator