[Freeware] San Diego Borrego (L08), California

Borrego Valley Airport (ICAO: L08) is a county-owned public airport three miles east of Borrego Springs, in San Diego County, California, United States. Its one runway (8/26) is 5,011 x 75 ft (1,527 x 23 m) asphalt, CTAF/Unicom and host onsite restaurant “The Propeller Bar & Grill”.

Download for free : San Diego Borrego Valley (L08) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

Author’s note
As for all of my MSFS mod, this small scenery is made from a pilot-eyes perspective. In real, I’m a Plus One Flyers member and mostly fly from Montgomery Field (KMYF). I’m real PPL, but a rookie amateur scenery developer: this mod is made with 99% of MSFS default objects library and feature massive number of details. The scenery is inspired by aerial views from Bing and Google maps. It’s a mix between the satellite imagery displayed from MSFS and more accurate data found on Internet. Unfortunately, there’s no taxiway information nor in Jeppesen, FAA or Foreflight data. I did my best based on online video and online pictures. Hundreds of objects have been added to the default scenery to make in more live and bring a touch of an active area.

Borrego? The place-to-be for aerobatics
The International Aerobatic Club (IAC) has a practice and competition area just north of the airport (see white ground markings). Aerobatic pilots from California and the southwest US regularly use it for practice and major competitive events; Two annual competitions are sponsored by the San Diego Aerobatic Club, in April and October. Jump into your CAP 10 or Pitts!

Features

• All taxiway markings verified and redesigned if needed. Mostly position correction and add of “Extended center line” at holding point.
  • Fix the solar farm north of the field with handplaced solar panels
  • Fix the color of re-asphalted taxiways and runway
  • Fix and add correct windsocks
  • Fix circuit pattern correct position
  • Reveal the BORREGO letters marking on ground
  • Reveal and improve the solar farm north of the field
  • Add generic buildings to replace autogen MSFS: hangars, admin building, The Propeler restaurant and its upper deck…
  • Add AWOS frequency 126.575
  • Add Unicom 122.8
  • Add PAPI’s at correct position

If you love the San Diego area, you should also consider my other sceneries:

Requirements

• Sedona scenery (free from the stocked MSFS)
  • World Update II (USA) + World Update X (USA)

Borrego Valley (L08) is available for free : San Diego Borrego Valley (L08) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

7 Likes

Use to drive down the long winding road from “Ranchita” to Borrego. I’ll check it out latter, thanks !

1 Like

L08 Borrego Valley Airport small update v1.1.3 available for free at : San Diego Borrego Valley (L08) » Microsoft Flight Simulator

• Add telecom tower north of the field
  • Add Electric poles surrounding
  • Add all fences to close the field.

1 Like

New version 1.1.4 just uploaded at flightsim.to

• Add new marking and textures on car park
  • New texture (cracked) on apron
  • Add new patches on apron
  • Redesign the big BORREGO marking
  • Add the number “1” on the east helipad
  • Add “The Propeller” marking on rooftop
  • Fix ModelLibs and MaterialLibs path name

1 Like

New version just uploaded today for Borrego with a brand new texture fuel tank :wink:

2 Likes

Last updated version replaces the too small numbers on the runway with a more realistic one. It fixes also the Distance Markings only visible on runway 26. And eventually add some minor fix and enhancement at the fuel station. Enjoy for free: San Diego Borrego Valley (L08) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS