Freeware- Shannon Airport (EINN), Ireland

Greeting Folks,
I’ve released my very first MSFS addon! It is for Shannon Airport, Ireland. This Airport was particularly badly represented in the sim.
Give it a go and let me know what you think!

8 Likes

You’ve done a great job.

This one really was a shocker and that’s saying something. I’m sure this is an airport a lot of people have used and been very disappointed by.

My Daughter and i flew Aer Lingus from London to pick up the On going flight to New York from Shannon.
The Female 737 200 Pilot gave us a fantastic Scenic Tour with detailed descriptions and History of various Landmarks on the Flight.
The Flight from Shannon was ‘eventful’. Before we even took off a Lady passenger had to be given Oxygen when she suffered Breathing Difficulties. Later i got a tap on the Shoulder from a Friend who we swim with regularly at Smerwick near Dingle. He was in 1st Class. This Guy is one of many Wonderful People who used to Camp and Caravan on the Beach near Ballyferriter. Our Children grew up together over 18 years. Gradually the Irish contingent bought land and then Built House’s. We were almost the only Members of our Happy Group who were still in tent’s and i remember being described as ‘The last Custodians of the Beach’ The usual Routine for these Guy’s consisted of Singing their Hearts out until the early Hours and then Slapping on our Tent in the Morning with " Come on the Water’s Fine. Let’s go Swimming! " When i got the Tap on the Shoulder he said,…
“That Water Down there looks so Fine d’you fancy a Swim ?”
A Delightful Stewardess with an endearing Speech Impediment dropped the contents of a scalding Pot of Tea into the lap of a very vocal Gentleman.
The landing at JFK involved an exciting Go Around culminating in a 3 Bounce Smack down.
There was a ‘Screaming Passenger’ at this point and when a fellow passenger said “Who’s that Screaming” ? someone further down the plane yelled out "That’s the Pilot ! "
So typically Irish !

I’ve installed your Airport. Great Work, Thanks!

6 Likes

Hilarious!

2 Likes

Downloaded, tried it and HAPPY.
Thanks POxbottle.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Slight issue with the LOC being mis-aligned on both runways which I’ll release a fix for later today.

Hi Pox, you might be interested in all the models we did for FSX. They are GMAX source code, so maybe useless and they were my first attempt back then.

simMarket: EIRESIM - SHANNON ULTIMATE

We gave the source over back then, and I would need to check with the Eirsim lads.