Freeware (VOMM) Chennai International Airport (WIP)

Announcing my next freeware scenery. This time it is very very special for me, since it holds so much precious memories for me. My first flight was from this airport. It was the first time i saw an aircraft in real life (Boeing 747-400) . I was so scared because of the huge jumbo jet and refused to board the aircraft. I was 13 years old at that time. I wouldn’t be an aviation enthusiast if not for this airport. Hence the special airport needs special attention. For the first time in indian airport scenery, i am announcing a highly detailed airport with complete 3D interior modelling. Ok enough with the chit chat, here we go with the screenshots.

Note : Those who are concerned with the performance. The entire terminal is super low on polygons. For.e.g the 3d looking bars and rails you see in the screenshots are actually 2D, it is textured in such a way that it appears as a 3D object. Also at this moment, the entire size of the unzipped package is just 250mb. Please note that this airport is still in WIP, i will be doing a very closed beta testing mainly for performance optimizations. I may also release a lite version without the detailed interiors for those having a mid level rig.

19 Likes

Beautiful! I can’t wait to try it. India needs more custom airports!

Beautiful and highly skilled work. Eager for its release.

Me too as well-looks stunning!

Awesomeness doesnt end!

Great, I can’t wait…You make me enjoy flying in India.

Looks awesome! Can’t wait.

Awesome work! Definitely this seems to be THE best Indian airport!

Keep up the great work brother! It’s amazing to see the Indian sim community develop such high quality sceneries

Looks incredible!!! I can’t walt to try it
Congrats!!!

So here is a good news, the performance testing went really well. No FPS issue at all!. So i believe all of you guys can enjoy the HD version!.

4 Likes

this is gorgeous. thanks for making it. looking forward to see indian airports populating in my community folder :smiley: :slight_smile:

Love those Indian airports. Well done on a great job.

Thanks for that nice master piece! When will be available?

VOMM is released!. You can download the scenery here.

4 Likes

Awesome!! Off to downloading it now.

Hy avinash what is your next project :hugs:

Hy avinash some one is making bunch of Indian airports, and the quality is very very poor fps rate is very low at list please you make VOBL bangalore and last VERP Raipur airport plz … you are the best

Hi, i am planning to do some regional airports like Trivandrum, Kochi, Jaipur etc… Currently i am working on VOMM enhancements and fixing few issues i have noticed. I will update you guys as soon as i start my next project.

1 Like

Guys VOMM is updated to v1.1. You can find the changelogs in the scenery description on flightsim.to website.

1 Like