Freeze / crash on the world map and in the menus [2024/steam]

ISSUE DESCRIPTION

Description of the issue:
Hi,
For the past few weeks (since the last two Nvidia driver versions), I’ve been experiencing issues on the world map and during menus navigation (for example, when selecting an aircraft).
The game freezes, but the background music keeps playing. I can wait as long as I want, nothing happens.
I have to end the process manually.

This almost never happens at the start, but after a few minutes or after completing some flights. When it does occur, I’m usually forced to restart my PC.

I should point out that I have absolutely no issues in flight (everything works perfectly).
I’ve checked my Community folder, my antivirus, and my internet connection (fiber), but found nothing.

I don’t understand what’s going on. Does anyone have an idea?

FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

Frequency: almost all the time, but randomly, without any specific action triggering it.

REPRODUCTION STEPS

Don’t know

[PC ONLY] FAULT BUCKET ID

If you experienced a crash on PC, sharing your Fault Bucket ID would be extremely helpful. You can learn how to fin How to find your Fault Bucket ID after a crash [PC] d that ID here:

YOUR SETTINGS

If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the User Support Hub.

What peripherals are you using, if relevant:

[PC Only] Are you using Developer Mode or have you made any changes to it? No

[PC, MSFS 2020 Only] Are you using DX11 or DX12? MSFS2024

[PC Only] What GPU (Graphics Card) do you use? Gainward GeForce RTX 5070 Ti Phoenix 16GB

[PC Only] What other relevant PC specs can you share?
Ryzen 7 9800X3D
MSI MAG B850 TOMAHAWK MAX
Gainward GeForce RTX 5070 Ti Phoenix 16GB
Kingston FURY Beast 64GB DDR5 6000 MHz CL30

MEDIA

Please add a screenshot or video of the issue occurring.

After the SU4 update, my game is very likely to freeze the second time I return to the menu to select an aircraft after a flight. I have to manually end the process and re-enter the game. Choosing another aircraft after flying, or selecting a different configuration of the current aircraft, very likely causes repeated freezing. Fault Bucket ID 1674607806355872927

In Stranger Things Activity, reloading a scene or proceeding to the next task causes a crash. Fault Bucket ID 1785756737904824246

However, there are no problems during flight at all. MSFS2024/MS.

Thanks for the feedback & confirmation. I think we’re experiencing the same symptoms. And I can confirm that this issue is more common with Stranger Things.

Constant crash to desktop after updating today. Makes it to the world map then crashes to desktop random with in a few minutes. No addons. Worked before just the other day.
rtx5090

Fault bucket 1548270025820894626, type 5
Event Name: MoAppCrash
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Microsoft.Limitless_1.6.34.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
P2: praid:App
P3: 1.6.34.0
P4: 00000000
P5: wmphoto.dll
P6: 10.0.19041.6280
P7: 944a9011
P8: c0000005
P9: 0000000000017163
P10:

PACO572

I Get exactly the same

Can confirm. Also having the same issue since SU4.

(MSFS24 / PC / Store)

Once it occurs, it will always happen until a reboot. Doesn’t matter if community folder is empty or not.

Fault bucket 2175972255675936031, type 5
Event Name: MoAppHang
Response: Nicht verfügbar
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Microsoft.Limitless_1.6.34.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
P2: praid:App
P3: 1.6.34.0
P4: 00000000
P5: 1ea6
P6: 67246080
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

So I got the tip on the WT Discord, that it could be AMD FrameGen that creates this issue and indeed that fixed the freezing for me (for now). There is even a small hint in the menu about issues with Nvidia GPUs…

So maybe give that a try.

I’ve tryed everything, bios update, lastest drivers, chipset , gpu, empty community folder, no over clocks.
After first flight (which is no problem) in the menu after selecting another destination, game freezes music keeps playing , in task manager game says unresponsive so I kill the task.

Tryed diabling frame gen etc, no different.

Happens everytime, didn’t happen before SU4.

Win11 , RTX 4090 . 7800X3D . 64gb .All updates.

I reset all the hard drive partitions, reinstalled the system, and only installed the drivers and MSFS2024, but it still freezes and crashes.
The easiest way to trigger a non-responsive operation: start the game in free flight to generate an aircraft, go back to the world map to select a plane, choose another variant of this plane, and the game becomes unresponsive the moment the new variant spawns.

The operating system has ranged from Windows 10 22H2 to Windows 11 25H2. I have already done everything I could on my computer. …

Another way to trigger freeze.

Select destination , go for a flight as long as i want. Quit flight select another destination , hit fly now and game freezes on the map screen music still playing. Quit via task manager , rinse and repeat.

So annoying , please fix.