Freeze on loading screen after clicking Fly

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Store PC

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
9/10 the game just freeze on the loading screen right after clicking Fly. The screen fadein doesn’t even complete. 0% CPU and 0% GPU use. Less than 2Go memory use.
If I restart my computer and start MSFS, it works 100% of the time.
If I only kill MSFS and restart it, it still doesn’t work but 1/10 it will go through.

No mod installed.

Did a full game reinstall to no avail.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Start MSFS
  2. Go to World Map.
  3. Select a location and click Fly.
  4. Game feezes directly after on the loading screen.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:
5800x
3090 RTX
32Go RAM
SSD
Xbox One Gamepad

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
SU8 Beta 1.23.12.0
SU8 Final release 1.23.12.0

Did you try resetting the Xbox app?
The sim connects through that and it may help to reset it.

What do you mean by “Xbox App” ? I only have the Microsoft Store, Xbox Accessories, Xbox Game Bar and Xbox Insider Hub installed.

It seems like something is preventing you from connecting to the servers properly.
If you don’t have this app, that seems strange.
I believed ( at least untill now) that it was necessary with an MS Store version, as this is what all the MS Store versions I have seen use to do that.

Other than that, check connections to your router, cabled is better than wireless.
You could also try a free VPN and see if that may connect to a server better.
Since you can get to the Sim start page, you could also try selecting a different server.
Good luck!

Oh OK no you don’t need it, they just try pushing it to people but it’s not mandatory.

This couldn’t be a connection issue since it sometimes work and only started with SU 8, that’s what bugs me, I don’t know how to troubleshoot this. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Well, maybe it isn’t connection related.

Do you have any addons in your community folder?
If so have you tried renaming it and then starting the sim?
Another thing you can try is deleting your rolling cache and then try (if you have that enabled).
Good luck.

I don’t have mods and I’m not using rolling cache :sweat_smile:

Yes I know, there is so little I can look for!

2 Likes

its an Asobo problem and not yours

But no one reported this yet or did I miss the topic?

If I start in secure mode, it works, I don’t get it, what could possibly interfere?

What does the secure mode do exactly?

I believe Safe Mode loads the base sim, with any marketplace purchases and the content manger ignored, as well as the community folder.

Mhmm I’m gonna delete everything from the content manager and try again. Thanks!

1 Like

Removed Great Lakes add-on and everything is now fine. I didn’t expect it to break anything since it works sometimes, I even forgot I had it installed. Really weird behavior…

2 Likes