Frequent crashes and black screen avionics on Xbox X

I’m getting fed up with the increasingly frequent crashes and black avionics. I know that the problem is probably related to a high amount of third-party content (I have about 150 add-ons, though still more than half HD space available) and probably the Xbox has its performance limits. But if you sell MSFS plus all of these add-ons for Xbox than I’d expect it to work.

This evening the game crashed 5 times in a row upon loading a flight!

Many times when approaching 3rd party airports or even when simply standing on the runway before take-off avionics go black.

These problems didn’t exist a year ago and they became increasingly annoying after the updates as from last autumn.

Can’t you just revert to the version of a year ago until you get these problems sorted out?

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Irrelevant. If you sell these add-ons then they should work.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

Standard Xbox X with Thrustmaster throttle and joystick.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Hi @ProPatria1424,
Topic moved to User Support Hub Crashes (CTDs) that is more appropriate to get support from the community.

2 more crashes, one when I was flying at high altitude and nowhere near a complex third-party airport.

More regular black screens upon approach of third-party airports, also locking the throttle setting and making a landing almost impossible.

This game is getting so frustrating to play the last 6-7 months or so, after all the money I’ve spent on it.

Yet no replies from anyone from Microsoft nor Asobo. Is this how you treat your customers? Apparently many people are experiencing the same problems so this should be a top priority.

1 Like

Just because the items are sold by the Marketplace does not mean they do not create a conflict with other Marketplace addons.

If the developer does not update them, issues can and do arise.
I’m not saying this is the cause of your issues, but removing them and then trying will eliminate that possibility.
Mod conflicts are one of the principle causes of issues with the sim.

Hello Sevenflyer!

I’ve even gone as far as deleting and reinstalling everything (which took me 3 days). All my add-ons are up to date.

The black screens usually occur upon approach of an add-on airport or even before takeoff. Airports where it almost always happens are e.g. EGLC (Orbx), EBAW, EBBR, LGKR and many others. Probably the vicinity of complex cities such as London (Orbx add-on) doesn’t help. The black screen occurs with just about every aircraft with glass cockpit avionics, also MS standard aircraft like the 787 or Diamond. With aircraft with analogue cockpits the radio and nav section goes blank but speed, altitude etc. continue to work.

Crashes occur at random and with any type of aircraft, e.g. yesterday when flying at FL190 near Milan (standard MS city, no add-on). Actually, it’s the second time in a week that the sim crashes near Milan at high altitude.

I don’t think it’s fair pointing the finger at third-party creators and that I should try which one of my 150+ add-ons is the culprit. The problem occurs worldwide, though obviously much more so in dense areas such as Europe where most of my add-ons are. When you offer add-ons through your official marketplace, customers should be able to expect that they all work and that they also work together. I’ve probably spent more than a $1,000 on the game plus add-ons and therefore I think that I should be able to expect quality.

Given that there are dozens of other threads about black avionics and frequent crashes, perhaps you should do some internal research.

Kind regards,

Peter

One thing to bear in mind, is that MSFS does not have the legal right, and cannot edit another developer’s third party addon.
This must come from the developer, it isn’t finger pointing.
It would also be impossible to determine what isn’t playing nicely with another part of the sim or another addon, given the huge amount of addons available, and individual setups.
Throw in PC’s as well as those, like you, on Xbox and it just isn’t possible.

I certainly agree that it isn’t easy to find a culprit when you have so many addons, even if (as you mention) that is the cause, and it may not be.
However, since a mod conflict is the single largest issue that can cause this, it would be a necessary first step if you want to try and see if you can fix the issue.
If you do want to see if you can troubleshoot, adding addons back in groups and then testing may be one easier way.

Even though as a volunteer moderator we have no direct influence with MSFS, I do know, and can assure you, they are actively as you say doing “internal research” to solve what issues they can that could cause these type of CTD issues.

However, mod conflicts are probably going to continue to occur.
They have been around as long as I have been simming, that is almost forty years now, and I suspect they will continue.

1 Like