Frequent stutters and freezes today

Just did a flight from Hilo to Bradshaw Field in Hawaii in the Milviz PC Porter, so not a too resource intensive plane or area. For the most part the flight was super smooth but every so often I got a spell of heavy stutters and a couple of times where the sim froze for around 30 seconds. Anyone else been experiencing far worse than usual performance today?

1 Like

Before yesterday, I had very few stutters besides the ones you receive when landing like many people get. Starting yesterday though I started to experience ‘quick’ stutters, like half a second or so, but more frequent. Today I had five while still on the runway taking off, and that was with a clean community folder. I reinstalled my NVidia driver (DDU clean uninstall of latest driver) and that didn’t change anything, and for the last few hours I’ve been reloading MSFS.

Fortunately I got in a little exercise, so at least the day isn’t a total waste. :slight_smile:

I’m installing the premium and deluxe now, so I’ll let you know what happens.

Same problem. Definitely still getting them, even with a clean community folder.

same here…I rarely got CTDs, now I’m getting a stutter then a CTD often well into a flight…nothing of mine has changed and I have a high level machine with memory, graphics etc. Certainly seems to be happening more and more.

I’m having the same issues. Haven’t been able to finish 4 out 5 flights in VR. MSFS just freezes. Have to restart PC. I’m going safe mode now to see if it happens again. Just in the last couple of days. Never happened before,

Tried in Safe Mode (only Navigraph and FSUIPC) and it worked just fine. I’m guessing it’s either FSLTL or the GTN750. My money’s on FSLTL though.

So, for me it is definitely the GTN750. I have the latest version(2.1.46). Works fine without it.

Interesting…I have this but it wasn’t on for my last flight!

I went to bed last night with the stutters and woke up wondering what today would bring. Lo and behold, no stutters today. Restored my Community folder, and still no stutters.

It’s like spinning the wheel of fortune each day. Or maybe each hour.

Since October 18, the sim freezes when pressed Back to Main Menu after successfully ending a flight. Also, the Content Manager page isn’t accessible. Just circle rotating there. Haven’t found these issues ever before.

I had installed 8 new folders (out of which, six were updates) in the Community Folder a day before. I removed them one by one to check if any of those mods (regional airports, bush strips) were causing any of the problems but it’s still that way.

So I can only make one flight, and I then cannot go back to the main menu. I have to hard restart the sim (STOPPING from the Steam page).

It has been that way since October 18.

Any advice?

Same here. Today bately a stutter and no freezing. It definitely would appear to be a server side issue.

If I had the same thing going on with my sim, I’d reload it. It seems like I do that about once every couple of months now (Steam user here too). At least it’s easy to do - but it does take a while to reload.

If you want to take the chance, instead of doing a full reinstall you could try to delete just the fs-base and fs-base-ui-pages subdirectories from your installation and then restart the sim. The download is a lot faster that way. I’ve seen where that has worked for some people, and I did that myself a couple of SU’s ago to back out of it temporarily.

After reading some messages in another thread, I switched to DX12 and all of my freezing issues are gone. All addons including FSLTL and GTN750 work great!

1 Like