Fresh Install | All Troubleshooting Completed | BIOS Full Reset, DDU Uninstall/ Reinstall | Only MSFS Crashing

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

This is happening on a brand new install

Brief description of the issue:

Starting 1/10/23 I would randomly get the generic error below. Over the past few weeks this error has occurred more and more. As an additional note: I’ve stress tested with Furmark, Memtest 86, all with no issues. It’s something in MSFS that’s all of a sudden just throwing a FIT. Any help appreciated.

I have done the following steps:
Sim to default settings
Grahpics Card to Default Settings
All windows settings to default
Complete BIOS reset
Page file edits / restore
Previous NVIDIA Drivers \ Current (All with DDU / restarts between)
Downloaded and underclocked my GPU
Complete sim reinstall

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

I can’t even load into the menu now, when I select an airport, instant crash

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i7-11700KF, 32GB DDR4, 3-1TB M2 NVME Samsung 870 EVO’s, Nvidia 3070

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Fault bucket 2200673235493628662, type 5

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Have you seen this?

Completed these steps, from low-end all the way to fully blasted custom ultra.

I hope you get this sorted out.

1 Like

At this point, I’d hope Asobo is running a dashboard within zendesk that crawls each tag and iterates a counter with how many of a specific tag are growing.

I might do it and present them the data showing how bad this issue has become.

Have you tried a CPU GPU & RAM stress test? And if not, I recommend it. Whilst it’s running I’d also monitor the temps and powerdraw to ensure everything is within limits.

Maybe clutching at straws but it does seem to me to be a hardware problem at a time of maximum power and graphics draw.