Frozen exit window closing msfs2020

Is there anybody with this issue? Every time I close msfs2020 it freeze on “do you want to quit” windows after I click yes. I have to use “task manager” to close it.

it looks frozen , it just takes a Whole lot of time to actually close the program , since last patch.

My best guess would be , while MSFS closes it first wants to write data to your xbox account , fails and then you have to wait till close action continues,

Is there any fix for that?

Shot in the dark, but are using the the WT g3000 mod with the optional road data? This is a known issue with the road data. If you remove that from your community folder, you can close as normal.

Yep that work, thanks!!

and leason learned:

This is not without any reason asked within the issue report template:

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

Not completely true, I have tons of mods and yes if removed the issue would have been fix, but by asking here I get which one created the issue. Way faster than testing each!!

but you not wrote that you search the mod which cause for you these issue. You reported a issue here agains vanialla MSFS, without any kind of info for us, which is another thing :stuck_out_tongue:

You are right I should have check for a better place to asked the question!!

The Sim is freezing when I try to exit.
I’m stuck on this screen and have to force close via Task Manager.

Same for me. I launch Steam and stop it from running.

2 Likes