FS Academy VFR Radio Stack Flickers On/Off

I just purchased the FS Academy VFR, and it is nice, however I noticed that the radio stack would flicker off and on. Has anyone else had that issue?

You need to pick a subforum under Add-Ons, like Aircraft for example. Then the New Topic button is available to you.

Thanks, I did not know that.

Hi @hcarter004, I’ve moved your topic into #third-party-addon-discussion:tools-utilities

Just to update in case anyone else has this issue, I have reached out to the Dev.

1 Like

Hi there,

Yes we spoke by email and await the screenshots that we spoke about to try and figure out what’s causing the flickering, as you said you don’t have a modded aeroplane.

Support for all the FS Academy range is provided here:

1 Like

I hope this captures it. This was lesson 2 I believe in the Cessna. I have no addons. I have at best a mid-tier PC, so the sim doesnt run great. I did try another flight that was in the Robin as well, I got the same flicker. Also, as I was flying, I believe the direction I got here was to line up on the center line and prepare to flare. I really enjoy the lessons, and am just trying to make it better if there is an issue. I’ve been a Dev for a few years now, I know what it’s like to be on the other side and hear all the negative stuff. That is not my point here.

1 Like

I had a chance to fly tonight, albeit only for a few minutes, but I did try the built in flight lessons and still got a flickering radio stack, so I can’t say this is ONLY related to the VFR addon. I wish I could see the code, not that I’d be able to fix it, but…In any case, I don’t believe this is an issue with the addon.

1 Like

Hi there,

Thanks for looking into it.

Whilst I’m pleased to a degree that there is no issue with the FS Academy packs, I hope you can resolve this problem. A reinstall could help, as time consuming as that is!

Ohhh! I really dont want to do a reinstall, it took me long enough when I was excited to get the sim. I’m gonna have to think about that…hmm. Anyway, thanks for being so open to working on the issue, I really appreciate it.

1 Like