FS Crashing on regular basis - XBOX Series X

I believe xbox has a rolling cache as well as a PC.
It is in the General Options, Data
It should be deleted after every sim update.

1 Like

The cache issue, could be your trouble, but I’d think the uninstalling of MSFS from the Xbox would have dumped that file, as well.

There is a user who was having constant crashes on any and every flight. He ultimately turned off live weather and, last I’d read, he was able to successfully make multiple flights.

I don’t use Live Weather this is not engaged so that can not be the problem here. On the cache side I’ll look into FS and delete, but I would have thought that when I deleted the game that should have gone as well

If you have a lot of third party add-ons installed, that could be a reason behind it. The latest update caused a lot of compatibility issues with many add-ons from the marketplace, causing the sim to crash. See this thread. It seems like the only way to keep MSFS stable on Xbox at the moment is to uninstall 3rd party add-ons.

It’s is definitely there. I’ve deleted mine and I’m on Xbox, too.

It’s at the very bottom of the Data section of the General Options. It can be turned completely off (which happens upon delete, so you need to turn it back on, if desired) and it can also be resized.

Have you tried totally turning off any/all online aspects of the sim just to see if you can have a successful flight?

It’s got to be something like this, because you’ve done everything else, plus you’ve not installed any add-ons.

1 Like

I’m not sure if the cache is removed with a reinstall.
The rolling cache is a file where areas you have flown are stored, to save downloading fresh info off the net everytime.
If you haven’t deleted it after an upgrade, the old info can cause issues.

Hi, Thanks for that, yes I found it and deleted it. One question what is the ROLLING CACHE option?

There is a massive thread re: cache. It’s a mystery to everyone precisely what it is caching and whether or not the sim runs better with it on, off, huge, tiny, on an external dedicated HD (PC), on an SSD, on a dedicated RAM disk (PC) and whether or not you should invite it over for dinner at your house.

1 Like

Just for info I’m running the full system Standard through to Premium. The only addon I have added is a few UK airports Southend, Booker, Blackbushe. No USA scenery as I said earlier the system got stuck downloading it. No LIVE systems running IE WEATHER, TRAFFIC ETC. all switched off

If you are still crashing, definitely remove all the add-on content and check again.

In fact, when you reinstalled, I’d have just tested the base game prior to putting anything extra back on.

1 Like

All scenery is downloaded off the net everytime you use the sim.
It is how the sim operates.

Can you delete an airport without having to delete the whole game?

Yes.

Go to your Content Manager and locate the item you wish to delete. Select it and uninstall it.

It can be a bit of a pain to locate the item in the large list that includes all the required items of the base game.

I wish there was an easy way to just show content you’ve added, but alas.

There is a bug on Xbox that if you’ve got two scenery items of a specific place installed at the same time, it will CTD.

For instance, having the Chicago landmarks and the Chicago night enhanced graphics.

I believe this bug may also be triggered by the improved airports that Asobo provide with world updates and having a 3rd party airport installed of one of those same airports. Don’t quote me on this, but I’m pretty sure the bug is triggered in this way, too.

Many Thanks, Just changing the subject matter here but is there still an issue in using a mouse on XB?

Yes. A known issue. Do a search for it.

I have an Xbox Series X and it has been very stable , even smoother with the recent release. I currently have my cache off but have also run with 8GB previously.

Your issue sounds like an Airport incompatibility issues of some sort. Have you tried to the base game without the US update? Is this at a certain location or all locations where you CTD? Then others can try it

For the record I have the Airport Enhancement add-on as well as some night lighting upgrades and the Seasons packs and a few more things. Running without issue. I did previously have a couple of add-ons that would CTD the game but only in certain locations. There is a thread about this. Third Party Developers, PLEASE READ

1tb hd. 180gb free I mean.
I read u first post, but you dont say about install only msfs or + addons. And I publish for u all steps to check. Me on Xbox series x too.
Other items in list discussed with other forum users.
Basically, everything that was discussed further is on my list. I hope you have solved the problem

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.