FS "not responding" in Task Manager - hangs starting flight

pc, Microsoft Store , clean install.

Started having problem yesterday and resorted to a full reinstall today.

FS is loading up OK and I can create my flight but when I hit “fly” the blue progress bar gets to around 80% and stops.

No error messages in Event Viewer and if U go to sask manager, Flight Simulator shows as “not responding”.

Any ideas?

Have a read at this, it may explain why your having this problem
https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/2196/sim-freezes-when-loading-around-60-with-3rd-party.html?page=3&pageSize=10&sort=oldest

I have the same problem occasionally whilst trying to load into certain airports but not at others, especially around London or New York

same problem encountered here and it’s still completely new, and I’m really but really fed up to see a game (a game yes, we are still very far from a simulator) paid more than 100€ crashing so miserably and so frequently :

we take the time to do things right, to prepare our flight plan, to follow a checklist as long as the arm and the simulator crashes when we turn on the engines ??? but what a pain !!!

1 Like

I have that freeze occur to me since I upgraded to windows 11.
It usually happens randomly when I alt-tab out of the sim.
Pressing ctrl-alt-tab and cancelling allows the sim to unfreeze.
I think it’s a graphics driver problem.

2 Likes

I now have a clean install of Windows 10 and a clean install of FS2020.

I have discovered that I can start a flight if I switch “Online Functionality” to off.

As soon as I switch online Functionality back on, the sim hangs at around 80%, Task Manager shows Flight Simulator as not responding and the only thing I can do is to end the program in Task Manager.

I have submitted a ZenDek ticket for this now.

1 Like

I have today compelted an online flight with Vatsim, but will all of the “online functionality” switched off.

As soon as I enable in game online functionality, the sim crashes.

Its definately an issue with online functionality.

One week on and still not solved.

Have (again) been sent the troubleshooting email through ZenDesk and I’ve checked everything (again) and no issues.

This is definately related to “Online Functionality”.

As soon as I enable it - flight simulator hangs.

Restart FS2020 and switch off “online functionality”, and the sim can run and I can do a flight on Vatsim.

Switch back on online functionality - FS2020 hangs.

I may have a solution, but you need a VPN on your PC to try it.

I enabled by VPN before logging into FS and enabled online functionality.

It worked!

I’m now running FS, with online functionality set to on (so getting live weather) and VPN switched off.

Is it something related to IP addresses?

Me too. Can’t load into the NY discovery flight. But I am flying in Rio now by ■■■■■■ the redeemer landmark😁

Same problem here. From the “Main Window”, I load a .pln created in Navigraph then click FLY. Shortly after, I noticed that my mouse cursor no longer travels to the 2020 windows and Resource Monitor shows “FlightSimulator.exe is Not Responding”. Resource Monitor’s “Analyze Wait Chain” is blank. So I highlight Flightsimulator.exe and click End Process in RMgr. Restart 2020 , continue in Normal Mode (what ever that is!) Then World Map, More, Load Save, and select the same flight plan, then FLY . Shortly I am greeted with the opportunity to click FLY. All seems normal. I disagree that this “Tiopic has been solved”. Some one with the source code should be able to fix this easily. My “Plan” was FYI KBIH/30 DCT NIKOL DCT TARVR TARVR1 KRNO/TARVR.R35RY but I don’t think the problem is .PLN related.

I have an OMEN HP laptop with an RTX2060, I reinstalled the simulator again, updated the NVIDIA drive and updated W10. I find strange behavior with fps. My graphics setting is medium - low. If I launch the simulator and use for example an FBW A320 I find myself having around 15 - 20 fps as a base, very low. I discovered that if I launch the TASK MANAGER of W10 in the performance section, where the GPU performance is noted, the fps magically rise significantly by +10 or 20 fps reaching 30 - 40 fps and making the simulator more fluid. Let me start by saying that I have tried all the settings on the GRAPHICS side of the simulator: DX11, DX12, etc…Does anyone know the reason for this strange behavior? Is it due to Asobo? to the NVIDIA driver? to W10 ? I would be grateful if anyone experiences this strange situation. I attach some screenshots to see the anomaly. Thank you all