FS Realistic was just released

Hi Captain, this is a known issue which we will share a fix later on today via the stores, in the meantime, take this exe and replace it with the original, it should work for you. Next time you can contact us via support email, we are here to help.

3 Likes

Totally agree with you. It shows total confidence in their product to offer a trial. In my case, I bought it straight off the bat, as it was the game changer on XPlane historically. Enjoy the trial my friend, and prepare the wallet for the 7th day :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Fantastic support indeed!
Thank you very much Roy, it works perfectly now.
:+1:

2 Likes

Great little programme which I bought for XP11 a while back. Thank you for bringing to MSFS.

I just downloaded the demo to try in VR and I know this is still in Beta and may have been picked up but I noticed that only a few of the sounds will work in VR and others are missing. This happens when you switch to VR mode inside the sim and appears that FSRealistic then gets confused which sound device to use and you only get partial sound effects through the headphones of the Reverb G2.

Solution was to reboot FSRealistic while in VR and not start it while in 2d mode. Just thought i’d mention just in case, otherwise great product and works great with my Simshaker Jetseat - no conflicts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback Captain - means a lot! The issue mentioned is indeed a known issue which you can find under our troubleshooting in the manual. Enjoy!

2 Likes

I have to say I am very impressed by this tool.
Very subtle effects and sounds which add a lot of immersion in MSFS.
A keeper for sure!

3 Likes

That alone just sold it to me.

3 Likes

Best £20 I’ve ever spent. I’ve really cranked up the sneezing to mirror the real world cold I have. Can this sim actually get anymore immersive?

2 Likes

Unfortunately there appears to be a conflict with FS Realistic and SimShaker Sound Module. FS Realistic is causing a great deal of shaking through my Buttkicker transducer to the point where I have to reduce the volume on my transducer which no longer gives me the benefit of using the SimShaker Module and Buttkicker effects. My Buttkicker is set-up correctly with a separate sound card for the connection from the Buttkicker transducer. The sounds from MSFS should not be interpreted by the SimShaker sound module when in use however, FS Realistic sounds are being interpreted unfortunately. Perhaps the developer can suggest a work-around.

I will continue to experiment and perhaps there might be a point where these two applications will ‘meet in the middle’

The scenery shaking is not really my ‘cup of tea’ but works reasonably well during touchdown becuse the eyes are looking down the runway. I have never seen the ground shaking when I have been flying an aircraft in real life. I will just turn that effect off and will probably purchase when the MSFS SDK allows the fantastic camera shaking effects that FX Realistic has in X-Plane.

Overall, I like the sound effects and the pricing is good. If I can find a work around that allows me to use the SimShaker Sound Module with FS Realistic, I will let you know.

I prefer camera shake to ground shake at the moment.

There does appear to be a performance hit with Track IR, this might be mitigated by turning the shaking effect off within FS Realistic. Certainly the smoothness of the Track IR does appear to be impacted. More testing is needed.

SimShaker users should use the trial version of this software before purchase.

For me it’s not quite ready for the ‘dining table’ yet.

UPDATE

After installing a patch from Andre SimShaker this afternoon, FS Realistic is back on my menu!
The most recent unpatched update from SimShaker messed up and deleted user settings, which appears to have caused the terrible vibrations. At this early stage of experimenting, all looks OK. The timing of the patch with the release of FS Realistic is unfortunate. Enjoy FS Realistic SimShaker pilots but do look for the patch from Andre over at SimShaker. I would still recommend ‘try before you buy’ it’s a great option to have.

Charles.

1 Like

Thought about it for a minute or two and made up my mind to buy it. At 18 EUR it seems like a bargain for what it offers and, most importantly, what it promises it will offer in the future (especially if Asobo expand the existing SDK). Now off to try it.

Just Bought, but cant trial it. Better half wants to go out :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m loving this mod, especially the sound effects. Audio is such big and important part of any sim/game experience and so often over looked in favour of the visual elements. Really looking forward to seeing where this mod goes as the SDK develops.

My only slight criticism is that frankly my landings at Lukla deserve a louder round of applause than this mod provides. :wink:

3 Likes

Bummer lol

1 Like

Like I said I am out :triumph: so not tried it yet. Whats it like with the CRJ and FBW A320. Has anyone tried it with those planes?

I have tried it with the Aerosoft CRJ, the sound effects compliment the CRJ. Not sure about the screaming effects, my neighbour came to visit to see if I was OK after experimenting with them! :rofl:

Charles.

1 Like

:blush: Thank you

@RoyKro Is there a way to have the audio from FSR only be heard while the game is in focus? Kinda annoying to hear the sounds when you tab to your browser or do something else on the PC on longer flights.

Really enjoying it so far, and the trial was a great idea.

2 Likes

I’ve done 2 flights in the FBW320, and no problems at all.

2 Likes

Would love this for Xbox :pray:

Just been trying out the 7 Day trial, looking (sounding) good so far.
Just one minor issue for me it interferes with the Nvidia Performance overlay. This usually shows me the performace for MSFS but when I run FS realistic it will only show me this.

I’m pretty sure I’m not getting 120fps on MSFS unless that’s a bonus of installing your software :wink: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

If I shut down FS realistic then upen up the performance overlay it just shows this