FS Stuttering & restarting on Xbox

Hi, I’ve had major issues the past couple of days while flying on my xbox. I noticed that when I’m approaching to land it starts to stutter, the screen goes black & the simulator restarts.
It’s very irritating because I could spend time picking an airport for an approach & about one minute before landing it starts to stutter, then seconds before touchdown the screen turns black & the whole game reboots or restarts.
I’m feelin hard done by buying this game, so many let downs. Has anyone else experienced this issue & is there or will there be a fix?
Now this has happened once or twice before, but not as frequently as now.

1 Like

I’m on Xbox (with Beta) and have not had any stuttering. I did have a CTD today for fist time, during a taxi after landing.

You might want to delete your cache and rebuild it again.

1 Like

I has happened to me starting this midnight exactly the same you explain on x box. It is very frustrating , I believe we had an update, plus no weather. Already just completed one very short flight of 10 minutes, I hope they can fix it as soon as posible.

1 Like

Alrighty thanx yeah, I think I’ll go to the trouble of doing that & hope it works :unamused:

Yeah, I think they have one too many bugs to deal with now eh
They need to find some proper software engineers because I feel like I’m not getting what I paid for! :neutral_face:

The black screens ctd issue is probably something temporary connected with live weather issues. Many users incl myself experienced today. If the stutter is not related to the same problem you might wat to delete your rolling cache. And don’t give it too much disc space. I turned mine up to 64 gb believing I’d do myself a favor but the whole opposite was true. The game was stuttering all day. Then I reset to 8gb and it was fine. Now I leave it on 16gb for actually no good reason having no troubles.

2 Likes

I can confirm that I have had same issues with beta version installed. Fingers crossed it’s related to live weather being down. Perhaps it’s querying a METAR or something and causing CTD?

1 Like

You’re not alone. PC users also affected in various threads including this one: Laggy Gameplay - #4 by beaufortuk

Xbox users also reporting the issue in recent days in this old and long thread: [BUG LOGGED] Xbox/PC screens go black then CTD - #1541 by HDFatbob103

I hope Asobo are aware it’s more them just live weather not appearing, but actual CTDs!

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat(plane). Xbox user, first I lose avionics then in a heroic effort to land at the closest airport in the CJ4 I CTD as I make an approach. Ruins my hero self image.

1 Like

OK all, thanx for the feedback. Im reading various different explanations & potental self applicable fixes.I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s not for me to try & fix, it’s up to Microsoft/Asobo to fix, I just expect a product that works. I appreciate that a lot of people here are helpful & are quite adept at fixing certain issues, some of whom should be employed by Microsoft to produce a simulator product that actually works. I on the other hand just want a product that works without the stress of trying to diagnose & fix things that should be done by MicroAsbo😐
It’s like we are the pilots & they are the engineers. Pilots expect engineers to sign off on planes that are actually flyable yeah.Im just glad they are not working on actual real planes yeah.

1 Like

100% agreed, the product need fixes. Several crashes here too in the last few days including one this morning after just a few minutes while taxiing for departure in a small remote airport. I just quit as it ruins the experience. I also restart the game every time I use it…
So, after a few weeks of using the game, it is still considerably buggy on Xbox series X (stuttering, crashes, mouse, sensitivity memory); it badly need fixes. This is purely factual and based on observations. Considering the fact that I bought the console specifically to use FS, it is frustrating. Most likely, i’m not the only one and considering the console’s shortages, more customers are going to complain in the future.
Microsoft/Asobo, you are getting bad customer reviews. Do something.
Thanks all.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.