FS2020 Crash in VR

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

N/A

Brief description of the issue:

When clicking Fly in VR, FS Crashes. Only way to recover is to reboot as VR freezes
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
N/A

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Select a flight in VR, and click Fly.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Fault bucket 2133157921948577140, type 5

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

VR/FS2020 Crashes, PC does not crash but cannot get out of FS via Task Manager. Only way is to CTL/ALT+Del and Reboot

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

You don’t happen to be using DX12 and an older version of OXR Toolkit, a known combination of causing CTDs when switching to VR? If so, either disable OXRTK or update it to the latest version.

I’m on DX11 and the latest OXR. DX12 causes stuttering in VR and CTD’s in VR as well. The problem occurs in VR when you plan a flight, any aircraft, and you click ‘FLY’. VR immediately goes black, monitor has the dual image of VR but is frozen. I can hit Ctl/Alt+Del, press the Windows key,I can see the Task manager on Taskbar, the mouse will highlight the task manager and when I click it, it’s behind the FS2020 window which is set for Full Screen and is not accessible. The only way to recover is Ctl/Alt+Del again and click Restart. This happened 3 times last evening. Asobo needs to look at this issue. No 3rd party content.