FS2Cew RAAS Thoughts?

Thanks for the heads up on this product, I didn’t know it had been released, will definitely check it out.

Hopefully we will get some nicely detailed airliners soon, other than what we have, its gone a bit quiet on the aircraft front for a while and I need some new additions to my fleet.

I got all 3 MSFS packages, because they are on sale currently

Crew FBW
RAAS
Pushback express

I had similar tools for xp11 before

1 Like

i bought Rass pro for msfs last week. i have msfs premium deluxe and RASS doesnt work. i told them last week and they told me that there will be an update to permit rass to work with premium deluxe. the week is nearly finish and didnt receive any news from them and neitheir on their site…ive paid for what ??? paying without using.

RAAS Pro works perfectly fine with MSFS Premium Deluxe. IT does in fact not work on MSFS Preimeum deluxe airports because they’re encrypted(Although mine does work for KLAX(not 100% sure its encrypted)). FS2Crew is currently working on a fix for this issue, but haven’t issued one yet. As for troubleshooting. I would say, A: Make sure that the power button is green, when I launch RAAS its default state is off. Then, if that isn’t your issue then I have one more thing for you to try. If you use Navigraph please remove Navigraph and reinstall it. Some users report missing airport/runway detection which is a bug and they claim the above is the fix. Then go to a default airport, I know mine works in KSSI so you can test it there. Hope that helps.

Is it that it doesn’t work with premium deluxe in general. Or just the airports that are hand crafted as they are encrypted.

It works fine with premium deluxe. It only doesn’t work with the hand-crafted airports as they are encrypted as you said.

EDIT: It does work with custom airports. I.e. It works with Flightbeam KDEN but not Asobo Handcrafted KDEN.

You can see for yourself which airports are supported. After its first run, RAAS creates a csv of data which you can find in the FS2Crew folder in %appdata%. If the airport you want isn’t in the file, it won’t be detected in game.

My understanding is that the imminent tool will allow us to manually add such data.

hi

maybe i was sleeping when i tried RASS , but just saw that ive forgot to clic
on the green button to make it active. ding dong in my head. and i tried it
about 10 times. in different airports.
now its working perfect.
thank you

1 Like

hi

my god, ive forgot to clic the power button so it goes green…
thank you very much for your help. i was thinking that at 71 i was
begin to become old, but now im sure of it ahahahah
its working perfect now.
thank you

The update is here. Changelog

Youtube tutorial for runway editor (to add undetected (encrypted) airports): Video

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up!

A few of us are working on using the tool to add the missing airports. The files are being uploaded to flightsim.to - search for RAAS and you’ll see the category FS2Crew RAAS Profiles.

Unfortunately a definitive list of the missing airports isn’t available. It shouldn’t be a large list but if anyone comes across any that aren’t detected please let us know in #raas-professional in the FS2Crew Discord server and we’ll pick them up (or better yet, use the tool to fix them and upload them to flightsim.to :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Just bought this and it adds a lot of realism.
There is not much to say about it, it’s a very simple tool and it just works.

1 Like

Does anyone here use it with the Aerosoft CRJ? I have the flaps set to degrees (8 for takeoff, 30 for landing) and the Boeing suppression zone setting (so it should be looking for degrees I think), but I keep getting FLAPS FLAPS before takeoff and during landing.

I asked in the Discord and got some unrelated advice about making a separate profile for each plane (I do…); I just want to see if anyone else has seen this or has it working.

The CRJ is a pretty popular add on so I’d be surprised if nobody else has seen this. I can believe Aerosoft obfuscated lots of things behind the scene, I’d be surprised if flap setting was one.

It doesn’t seem to recognize the degree settings. I set it up with what notch it’s in (1,2,3,4). Had to do the 787 the same way.

Thanks, I discovered the same thing via the log. Even with Boeing Suppression set instead of Airbus.

I let the devs know in their Discord, we’ll see what they say.