[FSB] Legends: H-4 "Spruce Goose" Hercules

Multiplayer Event - FSB Legends: H-4 "Spruce Goose" Hercules

Date / Time: January 7th, 2023 - 02:00 PM CDT /// 2000Z /// 20:00 GMT
Sim: Microsoft Flight Simulator
Server: EAST USA
Departure ICAO: RB37 (Custom: Navajo Dam)
Departure ICAO - fallback: 1V0 (Navajo Lake)
Arrival ICAO: RB19 (Custom: Glen Canyon Dam)
Aircraft Recommendation: Hughes H-4 Hercules “Spruce Goose”.
Aircraft - Other options: DHC-2 Beaver (with floats), Kodiak 100 (floats), Grumman G-21A “Goose”, Douglas DC-3 Amphibious, H-145 Luxury (with emergency floats!)
Target Speed: 130 KTS
Route: RB37 (Navajo Dam) → Morgan Lake → San Juan River → Recapture Reservoir → Good Hope Bay → Colorado River → Glen Canyon Dam

Flight Conditions

MULTIPLAYER: ALL PLAYERS
AIR TRAFFIC: OFF
WEATHER & TIME: Daytime, Live Weather or preset of your choice

About the event

First of all, happy new year to all of you and your close ones. And regarding this hobby, we wish you more specifically great and fun virtual flights in the most scenic locations and with the most impressive aircraft…

In this spirit, let me present you a new entry in the “FSB Legends” series. This time, with the H-4 “Spruce Goose” Hercules. A gigantic wooden plane which had only one unit build and which flew only one time, in November 1974: 1 minute of flight, 70 feet above water… And that’s all. This isn’t fair, right? That’s why I prepared a 250NM ride between the most beautiful rivers, lakes and dams of Utah and Colorado.

Of course, if you don’t want to fly this massive beast, a few other float planes (and even a helicopter) are listed as “compatible” for this flight. And more widely, feel free to join with anything you want (it’s best if it floats and if it can cruise at 130 knots).

For PC users: I strongly suggest you download the “Water Airports global pack #1” (listed just below) so you can have the start and finish airports registered in your sim, and you can also load the flight plan.

Xbox users or any people with this mod: you will have to spawn at the closest official runway: 1V0 (Navajo Lake) and fly with the group without flight plan (this has never been an issue for anyone, don’t worry!)

Take-off is at 20:00 UTC. The flight time will be about 2.5 hours long and we will make a 10 minute break at Recapture Reservoir. And as always with Flight Sim Break, Join when you can, leave when you must!

Important Event Links

RECOMMENDED ADD-ONS:

Other Information  

Screenshots now go in the group-flight-info channel. Under the current event!
Voice channel highly recommended even if you can’t speak.

Discord  

Make sure you have the Desktop App Running Before Clicking the LINK!

Flight Plan  

Legends - H4 Hercules.pln (9.6 KB)

Join us this Saturday! Should be a lot of fun!

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

Really cool screenshots! Thanks :slight_smile:
If it’s okay for you, I will repost them on the Discord channel where we put our memories from this flight : Discord

If you want me to remove the picture from there, you can tell me too. No problem!

You are welcome to use them as you wish. Thanks for the great flight last night.