FSDreamTeam CYVR CTDs

So if it is a livery on ai issue is there a fix pending?

I thought it was abundantly clear that, precisely because it’s caused by some AI, nobody can expect a “fix” coming from the scenery.

You mean you tested this, and found you had an Air Canada AI that caused the crash ? If yes, why you would expect a fix coming in the scenery, unless you suggest we remove all “ACA” codes from the airport ? Do you think banning Air Canada at CYVR it’s a sensible solution ?

As you can see on the thread I linked on our forum, users confirmed the AI can make crash the other CYVR scenery and, as you can see from the post below, another user is saying KORD is crashing for him, which of course it’s another AI problem (a bad AI can obviously made crash every scenery it appears on )

So, the “thing” that is causing to “remove your other stuff” here is the AI itself! Of course, you cannot ask a refund for freeware stuff that cause a problem to a scenery that otherwise works perfectly, but if users keep approaching the problem backwards, asking refunds or putting the blame on the wrong product, the REAL problem won’t ever be found and fixed, which of course should be done by those who made the faulty AI.

We had lots of issues caused by conflicts introduced by freeware sceneries, case in point the missing buildings, which were caused by tons of freeware sceneries using the SCENERY\GLOBAL\SCENERY\MODELLIB.BGL file like the SDK example, which has been later found to be a CONFLICT, confirmed by Asobo, which I try to explain fully in this post here:

Maybe there’s something similar in the handling of liveries. I think everybody should remember what the latest hotfix was about: the huge stuttering in multiplayer caused by OTHER users having many GB of AI liveries you might not have. That’s how sensitive the sim is to having lots of liveries, it’s likely a single one with a problem might cause issues when you least expect it.