FSDreamTeam GSX for MSFS

MSFS Steam ver.

Sorry mate but you don’t know nothing about msfs ms store ver.
edit

If problem persist go to

AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Delete file named content.xml
Open folder sceneryindexes - delete all files

Launch msfs → options → general options > data
turn off and delete rolling cache

Been having a lot of fun with it this evening. No issues so far (touch wood) other than the small noted bugs here and there. Look forward to the other features being enabled. ‘Lavatory services’ sound potentially smelly.

We need to have a few more flight attendants boarding. A big plane like the 787 has more than 20 air crew.

Can’t wait to start making little movies with it. It really makes beginning and ending a flight so much more immersive and engaging.

Some boarding shots from Las Vegas.

1 Like

I have used it on several flights and it works fine for me and dep and arr airports. No CTD in the last 6 flight up to 5 hour flights

It’s always running in the background, so theoretically it could.

It’s just strange that many of us are reporting a stable sim without GSX and then with it installed, it’s very unstable

1 Like

Maddeningly, the uninstaller does not really work either. Leaves tons of files and registry entries in place. Not cool.

I tried to post about this problem on the FSDT support forum but have been waiting 2 days for the administrator to “authorize” my account for posting. I’m sure they are completely overwhelmed with problems but manual authorization of accounts to get support rubs me the wrong way.

1 Like

I did a “whole hog” flight today, from Orbx KBUR to FlyTampa KLAS in the PMDG 737-700. GSX worked fine, on the whole. I simulated loading fuel, then simulated loading pax and baggage while I set up the flight in the FMC, then let GSX handle the pushback. Everything went fine.

Upon arrival in Las Vegas, after landing and taxiing off the runway, I called for Follow Me truck just to see it in action. Other than arriving driving like a bat out of hell and doing a U-turn under the plane (which was amusing if nonsensical), it directed me across the airport to my selected parking space. Then I used GSX to deboard the plane and unload baggage. Counting all the prep time, the flight time and the ground ops, it was probably 90 minutes or more. Everything went fine.

4 Likes

I dont have rolling cache, never use it!

Secondly dont tell me what I do and dont know!

And what are you talking about, content.xml for?

How would deleting Content.XML help with the AFCAD issue? Please stop this is like playing chess a pigeon, if it works for you great…See ya

The follow me car is hilarious. I love the way it warp speeds down the runway, if you use it to get you to the runway.

Having said that, for what GSX is doing it is not half bad. I have seen worse things

It is an absolute pain in the rear to install, or at least it was Thursday when I first bought it. In retrospect, I should have waited a couple days for all their distributed content-provider nodes to update and avoided that whole wrong-version problem that affected a lot of us the first day or day and a half.

And it does have its quirks, even when it works correctly. Today when I was unloading at KLAS (with third-party scenery), GSX was modeling passengers walking through the FlyTampa jetways. How can I tell? I could see their feet and sometimes parts of their bodies clipping through the solid walls trying to follow the pathway generated for them. This is where the Euro-centric nature of the mod shows - American airports don’t have glass/windowed jetways, so for US airports, there’s no need to model or animate any of the pax using the jetway at all.

But it’s still fun and immersive for what it is. I’m sorry lots of folks seem to be having CTDs associated with it - BritishAVgeek’s stream this morning with it had two CTDs: one on the ground before he departed, and another in mid-flight when it shouldn’t be active at all. Maybe just coincidence but there’s enough reports that I’d hesitate to buy had I not already done so.

Not sure if you saw this pinned post today over at the FSDT forums (I still haven’t had my account approved there), but here’s what the dev has to say about that issue.

Thats a shame, I must admit I have not used it in the USA yet. I think however we will see a fair few updates for airports now, so hopefully something will be done by the add-on devs to fix things like that.

I will try it at FlyTampa KLAS and see that. Shame, but hopefully fixable…

Thanks and look what it says (not directed at you) Delete that folder!! Which I did, so why is the tit above telling me I know nothing!

It Clearly says to do what I did if you have the STEAM version which I do… I have never had the MS Store version as I SAID! and yet I deleted that folder and boom it worked. I can only assume it was that folder put their by god knows how!

Nothing to do with content.xml which is for scenery, and whilst GSX is scenery based, the app was telling me it could not find AFCAD’s which I know very well from FS2000

So @TenPatrol you know more than the GSX Dev’s do you??

What I said…

same here … have you found a solution to fix it?

i remember mate :wink:

there is no info about steam ver :wink:

correction

“I have had this problem all day yesterday. There is a very simple solution to it:
If you have installed the Steam ver. find this folder (…)”

:wink:

1 Like

4 flights today with GSX and all crashed to desktop after an hour or so. All when I was in the air.

Removed GSX and it did not crash.

I hope they sort it out.

When I transferred (warped) the plane to another location, the menu never returned.

When you brought it up as you did telling me I know Nothing, I said I had the steam version! Yet you still continued and were frightfully wrong and talking about things like rolling cache that mean nothing.

Anyway, there is such a thing as asking a question or for further clarification before shooting your uninformed mouth off. Ultimately I furnished you with the information, you still had to continue and you are the one WRONG!!

But good you caught that versions thing although you could of worded it better but I guess that’s wishful thinking… still I will give you that… But your next post was wrong, and there was no need for it.

Try manually running couatl as administrator. That worked for me. Otherwise the solution might be in the logs in the appdata/roaming folder.

I am so sorry for my positive comment for GSX for MSFS 2020…

My friends always say „you always criticize! Be a little friendly with people and things! Also see positive things not always negative! The world doesn’t always have to be perfect!“

And this time I wrote my positive opinion about GSX for MSFS without knowing what I have to expect.

CTD in flight simulator for me is like flying in bermuda triangles!
You fly for 3 hours and suddenly, everything, you, plane, passengers, is gone!

I get annoyed when CTD happens, just as I caused a big problem with real planes.

The other minus points can be left out, but CTD is a terrible thing for a serious flight sim pilot.

But that’s not the end of the story!

Usually after uninstalling a program, the problem that causes that is solved.

After I uninstalled the GSX for MSFS and manually deleted all files and folders that had name FSDT or GSX, CTD -that I had maybe a few months ago once or twice is still happening- happened in the middle of my flight! Strange but true!

And I don’t know what to do, everything will be like before yesterday that I installed GSX.

I apologize for very early and positive comments that I wrote, and if anyone can help me to solve this CTD problem after uninstalling GSX I will be very grateful.

2 Likes

This program acts real strange. Made changes, worked fine. Revised a few things, it reverted back to default even thought the position numbers did not change…Restarting Couatl… This went on for more than an hour. Reboot, walk away, and still screwed up. Change one more time. Verify the postion numbers in the gsx.cfg file for the Twin Otter, position numbers are correct. Try again. Everything is fine. :grinning:

Some of the passengers are too tall, and you will see their heads above the cabin. It’s not perfect but oh well.

Twin Otter:
Customize Aircraft
Disable Doors 1,2,3 [No door at this position]

Door 4 position -0.86 -1.93 1.15
Angle default -6.00
Click on Embedded stair

2 Likes