FSDreamTeam Chicago O'Hare (KORD)

simMarket: FSDREAMTEAM - CHICAGO O’HARE V2 MSFS

Highly recommend and at ~$13.00 it is a very good deal!

Lots of other good scenery on sale too. Unfortunately, I have most of it!

Instant buy when I saw the discount. Having own the standard version of the game its a must.

1 Like

I purchased a payware KORD airport from FS DreamTeam. I know KORD is one of the handcrafted airports but I still went with the payware.

I notice in the content manager that each of the handcrafted airports has an entry - it also looks like I can delete the handcrafted KORD on that list. With that in mind…

QUESTION: Other than hard drive space (which I don’t need) - is there any performance benefit to removing the handcrafted airport and ONLY leaving the payware one installed?
Any idea if the game tries to render the handcrafted one UNTIL it realizes you have a replacement file for that area?
I’m afraid to remove the handcrafted one IN CASE it causes an unforeseen issue so I have not been able to test the outcome.

Thanks.

Probably loads both into memory. The FS Dream Team excludes the default. I’d delete the handcrafted one via the content manager if you prefer the FS Dream Team. You can go back and forth easily between the two versions if you use content manager.

Go ahead and uninstall the asobo airports. Having both could actually cause conflicts. BTW, I think the FSDT KORD is one of the best sceneries out there. It’s absolutely magnificent- especially in the late afternoon. It’s also my home airport (well KMDW is, but I’ll fly there when a good scenery shows up), so I’m a bit biased.

One thing though- There is an issue with Navigraph as well as the default MSFS nav data. SIDS and STARS are messed up, and 10/28C and 9/27C don’t show up in the FMC with the C designation. They show up in the FMC as just 9/27 and 10/28. We still have the L and R. So, when choosing the ILS for either C runway, choose the one that without the designation. At least that was the case up until last week when I flew out of there…

Apparently, when a scenery addon includes a runway that’s not in the default MSFS data- then it jams things up. This isn’t FSDT’s or Navigraph’s fault- it’s something in the sim. This happened when FSDT opened up 9/27C about a month ago. So, you’ll have to build the STARS yourself until Asobo adds the runway in the core of the sim.

Happy flying!

The more scenery installed, the longer the sim loads. Scenery installed in the community folder loads ON TOP OF the default scenery and may cause conflicts. Removed default scenery can allways downloaded and installed again in case of an unforseen issue.

Thanks for the responses.
I’ve uninstalled the handcrafted ORD through the content manager.

I primarily enjoy flights which are 1-2 hours, so are there interesting destinations you would recommend around Chicago?

You should buy the addon. He is fantastic

Yes you should buy us the addon(you and I):beers:

Are you talking about the FSDT Addon, then yes. Pretty good and easy on the framerates (for me). FSDT also did a SDF (not as good but within 1hr of Chicago).

Why not just look up cities on Maps and see which are in reach for your aircraft (obviously flying a C152 won’t get you very far, maybe MKE)

If you’re talking about the FSDT Ohare, then yes, absolutely! It is centrally located, so tons of CRJ flights are possible.

Get it and it performs much better than the premium version and bonus the airport is more up to date.

I bought OHare and I like it. Runs great. I did buy Newark the other day and do not recommend it. Looks very cartoonish and the gates are not numbered.

Sorry, I was thinking of good routes for an A320 :slight_smile:
I did Detroit-Chicago the other day and that was nice.

Any other great cities besides Detroit??

Minneapolis- St. Paul (MSP)
St. Louis (STL)

within 2hrs?

Definitely NY with some great approaches into LGA. Or YYZ (Recommend Roman Desings GTA Mod, free). YUL is nice too and offers some great free Addons.

On VATSIM: BOS is great, super Controllers, always online.

So basically anything to the east is good. Westward there is really nothing going on (no offense) in the plains.

Do you have links? I can’t seem to find these mods :blush:

If you are going to buy the Chicago add on you also need to get the Merrell Meigs Field add on also. It puts back the original downtown airport in great detail that was replace by Northly Island

Too many to post here. Follow this link and zoom into whatever area you want to fly and see if there are any Addons. Some are ■■■■ but you’ll see with the ratings:

As for the GTA:

1 Like