FSLiveTraffic Liveries (FSLTL) - AIG ban and Contribution

All you see is “mine, mine, mine.” Hard to see anything else through all the ego :joy:

Rather childish, but hey, you do you.

What an ego trip. Man. :joy:

5 Likes

Charming.
This is what we get after decades of freeware released to the community because we won’t jump when some third party snaps its fingers and you can’t wait.

1 Like

What a load of ■■■■! Is that the AIG mentality? Time to stop paying you guys attention in this community. It seems to be all about your ego’s. Why don’t you keep all your work to yourselves, it will make you feel better.

9 Likes

Just to be clear, “Evan” or FLAi absolutely didn’t grant anyone permissions to use anyone’s models or liveries for exactly this reason. FLAi hasn’t created ANY model or livery, and that’s clear on our website. When folks approach us asking for “permission” to use models, we tell them that only the original creators can grant that. In this case, we tried to connect FSLTL with AIG to help make that happen.

In the process, I’ve heard in passing there have been some concerns about credit where credit is due. It’s always been our intention to clearly explain that FLAi doesn’t create models or liveries and there’s a big thank you on our website (www.flai.app) to those who have contributed to the project. If AIG or others have concerns or suggestions around how we credit and thank them, I’d love for them to reach out to me (evanr@bvartcc.com) and we can look at how to improve that.

We’ve had several people reach out asking for FLAi to be compatible with MSFS. Our hope is that developers like AIG and groups like FSLTL, who are trying to create MSFS models, allow us to compile those into another package for VATSIM online traffic use.

6 Likes

I would like to ask everyone to stay calm and civil. There is no reason to become personal. Nothing critical has happened, no one got hurt. No copyrights were broken.

FSLTL will be a good add-on. AIG will make a good add-on. But there won’t be any shared parts. It’s not worth fighting.

15 Likes

Childish says the guy who is crying because he can’t get his AI package right away!
Ego is you thinking we give a ■■■■ about your opinion which is absolutely worthless :smiley:

1 Like

This should have all been sorted out by FSLTL prior to making some grandiose promises. They decided to put the cart before the horse and now it’s backfired they tried to shift blame. Fortunately the smart members of the community will see their announcement for what it is, a shallow attempt to backtrack on their empty promises. AIG puts out wonderful products and is held in high regard by the community. AIG and it’s contributors won’t ever work with a group of individuals who decide to go rogue and just expect to get their way.

Feel free to uninstall any and all AIG products. You can go back to paying for LiveTraffic or WOAI.

1 Like

Crying?

The only crying I see here is from the dude throwing around an ego trip and complaining because people are drawing their own “worthless” conclusions.

If they’re so worthless, why are you still here in full damage control mode?

5 Likes

this game is addicting :joy:

Such a shame.

Kudos to FSLTL for staying so civil and diplomatic.

On the other hand I don’t really enjoy the attitude of the “other side” here in this thread. It reads rather arrogant, sorry to say.

12 Likes

Yep, and it’s funny to hear them call users who don’t enjoy their attitude “butthurt,” “worthless” and so forth. Class act.

1 Like

What models are from AIG again? Is it only the 757?

1 Like

Yeah, you’re on here having a tantrum because we won’t grant permission.

Its not your work involved so why does it affect you? Why are you having such a meltdown, insulting everyone and acting like a child throwing your toys out of the pram?
No damage control here. AIG made its decision, either you are OK with it or you aren’t. Won’t affect anything in the slightest.
But as you only heard from FSLTL, its only fair isn’t it to hear both sides especially when one doesn’t quite paint a complete picture?
Why are you so obsessed about ego trips - Seems to me you are projecting!
FSLTL asked for permission, it was denied for reasons that we don’t owe you an explanation for - not that you would listen anyway because you’ve made your mind up so there’s no point even trying.
Nothing more, nothing less. Got zero to do with ego, but as you like to say. You do you.

6 Likes

The sad thing though is that we could end up with incompatible products that clash, causing sim instability. It would have made far more sense for different groups to come together and produce a cohesive product. Any concerns about making sure credit was made where it was due could have been addressed before release. A lost opportunity I think.

10 Likes

If you don’t owe an explanation (which you don’t, mind you), why are here 'splaining so hard?

Considering how much effort you’re putting into arguing how “worthless” our opinion is, it doesn’t seem that it doesn’t “affect anything in the slightest.” It surely seems to sting that ego of yours.

The only one having a “Meltdown” here is you, pointing fingers, accusing people of “drumming up hate,” calling opinions “worthless” and so forth.

You seem to be making a really intense effort in dismissing the “worth” of other people’s views, for them to be all that worthless.

7 Likes

If they have their own project in the works I understand their decision. It’s their work so everybody should respect their choice. It’s only a couple of models we’re talking about so I don’t get where all the heat is coming from.

4 Likes

@Abriael, @atcogl,

Enough, seriously. There is no need for this.

AIG can do with their intellectual property what they want. We can tell people about it. Calmly.

3 Likes

the AIG Topic:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aig-ai-manager-oci-for-msfs-development-announcement/324219/78

They can certainly do whatever they want with their textures. Just as much as users can roll their eyes at the idea that people consider this a competition instead of collaborating in an environment in which no one is making money. When egos get in the way, everyone loses, which is exactly the case here.

Of course, there’s the funniest part of this all.

Or at least, it’d be funny if it wasn’t sad.

9 Likes

Wow calm down.