FSLiveTraffic Liveries (FSLTL) - New Trailer and Status Update

When I had the generic twin engine model enabled and liveries for the A320 installed, the correct livery was applied on the A320 in the sim every time an A320 was listed in Flight aware for a particular flight. If it was an A319 or A321 though, the sim just used the generic model. I am pretty sure the sim is incredibly fussy about models and needs an exact match.

Yes. Of course. But i say again. All work like charm instead spawning at parking spot for departure.

FSLTL have long since abandoned the ivao models favouring better models. I tried the models you are using (this is now edited the day after the discussion) and got them working ok but they are very poor quality with poor textures and many floating above the ground too. Animation is missing, rotation and landing speeds are all wrong too. It seems a bit pointless bothering with them to be honest, they are a bit of a mess.

It is wild and strange that such a project is not being developed under open source, and the number of testers and developers is limited. I offered my help - was refused. Okay. No problem. My work will remain mine. Although I am sure with open access to development, things would go many times faster and more efficiently

3 Likes

why were you refused?
Whats wrong with YOU man!

The sim does appear very “fussy” - or even limited. I have been working for awhile now on how it utilizes Ai models with both RT traffic and with the “static” aircraft that spawns at gates.

In my experience thus far, there appears to be different requirements (i.e., just because an Ai appears in game as a “static” doesn’t mean it can be used for RT traffic) and even “correct” configs doesn’t seem to be logical or working.

Unrelated to live traffic, I only recently uncovered the fact that there appears to be a limit of some kind related to how many of the same models it can use to populate an airport - so for example, if you have multiple liveries for the Ai 737-800 “winglets” model, it will only spawn 1 type.

I haven’t quite broken the real-time sync yet which is why I’m very curious as how this group is doing it.

Is there a tutorial available on how to add an AI model to the sim and make it usable for on-line AI? Information seems to be scattered accros multiple threads/posts/forums. As far as I understand:

• Base should be an FSX model, needs to be converted first
  • aircraft.cfg needs to be updated according to the AirlineICAOCodes.spb and PlaneTypeICAO.spb
  • Sim settings should be adjusted?
  • Ground traffic to 0 because it randomly spawns aircraft?

It seems like this thread had turned into ‘how to mod default Asobo AI’ page since last time.

What’s up with the project, BTW, any progress or still waiting for the FAIB to respond to the permission requests ?

1 Like

How do I try the live traffic out?

As far as I can tell, those two .spb files are locked and can’t be read.

The project seems to be in a catch 22 situation. But I can say this:- Making something that is compatible with other individuals or companies goods does not require permissions in law. If it did every single one of us that manufactures video and audio products that only work when connected to 3rd party equipment would all require permission from those 3rd parties and that just isn’t the case.

We must assume the project is either modifying other peoples models or hosting them, and/or liveries on its own servers, if not it does not need permission to make a software product that is compatible with 3rd party freeware models.

1 Like

They want permission to use the models . I assume they haven’t received an answer yet. This designer has 737 and A320, which is important. But I wonder what plan B is.

Maybe release with plan B?

The designer may never get back.

Btw they could use Asobo default a320. The mod I use even used the default a380 that’s in the game.

What does “use” mean though in the context of this package? There must be some EULA complications at play here.

Kitty -

Thing is…

1. They have publicized what they are doing so the guy can’t claim it was done in secret
  2. They have made repeated attempts to contact this one individual via multiple different channels with no response
  3. As was posted, earlier here, either he is
  • uninterested in doing anything with his content (which was freeware anyway)
  • unable to respond (i.e., permanently “offline” or even deceased)

Given this (and again, knowing it is freeware that was publicly/freely distributed), the content should be considered “abandoned” since it has been years(?) since last activity - so as long as they give full credit, they should proceed. If the creator does eventually have any issues (can’t see what), then options could be explored.

Otherwise, this is an unproductive effort with no outcome.

Just my $0.02

8 Likes

Oh I agree. If a reasonable time has been given, they should proceed. But only Sophie knows what is “reasonable” to them. Worst case scenario, they are asked to remove those models. Removing models is the same outcome regardless if they are denied permission or he comes back from the “dead” and asks them to be removed.

I get the feeling this group hasn’t come up with a ultimatum timeline yet.

I don’t sweat it though because MSFS has a lot of things needed to improve. So I can wait.

Removing models? That would only be necessary if they are planning to host or distribute models with the package. If the models are hosted by third parties on other servers outside the control of the FSLTL team no removal is necessary or even possible.

Imma choose the fspainter models over the FAIB ones anyway once they’re out for MSFS so I don’t care if they get removed.

Is this project dead?

why you ask?

Alive and kicking. Stay tuned for official updates.

5 Likes