FSLTL - FS Live Traffic Liveries is live!

Have seen this too in SU10. Very high approaches/late landings, and heavies that are too high on final si go around instead. Its it every flight though. Parked at KSFO last night after flying in myself and just watched. Acceptable AI, but the landings often inconsistent.

It’s a shame FSLTL doesn’t appear to be able to differentiate correct landing runways, but then I guess it has probably handed over to FS by then.

Heathrow generally uses one Westerly runway for takeoff and one for landing and switches on a regular basis. On Easterlies they really only ever use 09L for arrivals and 09R for departures. Very very occasionally something will get permission to land on the right if it’s parking on the South side of T5 or the Southside of the airport but on the whole 09R is takeoff only. I’d love to see this replicated in the sim, we live in hope.

2 Likes

Yeah very mixed use. Not sure what handkes runway designations, probably default sim. I mean its not in the flightplan is it? It just gets assigned by clearance which is default sim behaviour rather than real world / live behaviour. I did wonder about seeing departures and arrivals happen on both 09L and 09R.

Download them from flightsim.to. They are 2 add ons to help with AI behaviour.

I gave them a quick go this morning, a real shame they cause the sim to crash with AIG models. I wonder why that should be?

On balance, for now, the variety of models and liveries AIG gives me means it gets the nod. It would be fantastic if the crashes could be ironed out.

There are a few people discussing the CTD’s with AIG. Some have even suggested copying the AIG model files into the FSLTL model directory as a solution. Don’t know though. Unchartered waters there. I’m happy to wait for FSLTL to get populated. So far all I’m seeing is a generic FS AI A380 here and there.

1 Like

It’s a massive difference having AIG models. 757’s, 767’s, A380’s, Cargo of all types, 787’s, classic 737’s, turoprops and then loads of liveries on top.

I can’t leave that sadly.

2 Likes

That was me. I wondered whether FSLTL was just scanning the drive for models and liveries, and if that was the case, then having them mixed in the same directory might work. Also, if all I did was to copy the files and deselect AIG from Addons Linker, it would be easy to back off. It worked for me, meaning I didn’t have any CTDs. But to be honest I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between some plane models, so it wasn’t much of a risk in my case.

It’s crazy what we’re all willing to do to try to make AI traffic work. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I did a test flight yesterday from Barcelona to Paris, it was lovely to see all those aircraft lights during the cruise and I was 3rd for the takeoff, Paris was also quite busy too but thanks to these new mods, there was no go arounds whatsoever. After two years, I’d say we are at somewhere, of course, thanks to the third party providers. I think right now AI is in another level with the recent add-ons.

I’ll give that a try then.

I’m assuming you copied the files from the aig-traffic-oci-beta_CVT_ folder which lives inside the Community folder.

Where is it I need to move them to?

Still seeing go arounds at EGLL this morning. Here I am spending another morning watching an airport instead of flying. This is becoming an obsessive addiction!

2 Likes

In the absence of a “just make it work” button we have to.:smile:

In my case, most go arounds occured because of the AI that stops in the middle of the runway. If they didn’t I guess the go arounds wouldn’t have occured either but as we have mentioned before, game breaking ? absolutely not :smiley: I’m using 80 AI which kind of gives a good balance.

1 Like

So many new parameters to tweak and so little time. In AIGround for example you can manually adjust climb out speed for jets, turboprops and props, as well as landing and take off rollout times & the ability to tweak them as you run the sim. Where to start!? :exploding_head:

1 Like

That is so true, I haven’t even properly taken a look at all the parameters at all. I guess one could find the best tweak but one also needs to spend some time on it. I need to read the PDFs properly one more time with care but that’s something that I can do during the weekend I guess. In any case, I guess we gotta enjoy with what we have ! :slight_smile:

AIFlow has approach parameters to tweak too. Just found one that sounds interesting
AIBADAPPROACHFILTER=1
“Forces AI injected too high when close to the destination airport to
terminate the approach and leave the area”

Remember if editing the .ini files you have to remove the first two slashes to make them work. The leading slashes comment them out.

1 Like

I was wondering if you had found a chance to read if there’s any tweak for the AI that lands and about to vacate the runway ? I mean is there a way to tweak their speed or something ?

You can tweak a lot. Roll times in AIGround and quite a few other landing parameters in AIFlow believe it or not. Haven’t had time to try any yet as traffic at EGLL went into a lull. There are several landing/runway parameters in AIFlow though. I’ve just printed the pdfs. I’m sure someone will come up with perfected ".ini’ files at some stage.

1 Like

We perhaps need another Thread for AIGround/AIFlow as there is a danger for filling this one up with non FSLTL issues and info.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s one big thing to fix and for me one of the biggest drawbacks of MSFS. I always check flightradar24 before my flight for active runways and then many times the AI Traffic in the sim departs on a runway designated for arrivals and vice versa or I am taking off against arriving AI traffic. This wind based active runway determination in the sim is just not enough.

1 Like