Fspackagetool with sim open? (steam version)

Has anyone been able to build projects with the fspackagetool while the sim is running? I know the windows store version of the game works just fine. The problem I’m having: Every time I try to build the package with the fspackagetool, the sim is focused and nothing else happens.

The tool works just fine when the sim is closed, so I’m sure I’m doing everything correct in that aspect.

Am I missing something, or is this a limitation in the Steam version of the game?

This works for the Steam Version:

Flight simulator EXE location + -I “;” BuildAssetPackages + Package XML location + temp file output + Packages file output

For Example:

"D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator" -I ";" BuildAssetPackages "D:\MSFS_Projects\Tazovskiy\Tazovskiy-Project.xml" "D:\MSFS_Projects\Tazovskiy" "D:\MSFS_Projects\Tazovskiy" Force Console

The _PackageInt and Packages folders are created if they do not exist. Adding Force Console to the end and you’ll see the output. Save the text as a batch file (Tazovskiy.bat for example) and double-clicking it will start the compile.

1 Like

Thank you! Have this saved to my desktop now.