FStarter v2.5 released

Many improvements and bug fixes. Add you own POI to a MAP or train approaches to any airport.
Easy access to to all programtic cities and Point of Interest.

No link? …

Hi there, looks interesting. One question:
Can you use this tool to enter an ICAO, and a parking spot position (or a runway), and just spawn there with the aircraft safely on the ground?
This is the feature I am looking forward, to explore the custom airports I have, and to move into a different place after my arrival, without the trouble of going via MSFS World Menu (which is time consuming and often causing MSFS freezing).

I had to google for the link… LOL
Seems to be this one: simMarket: FSTARTER MSFS

1 Like

Oh, it’s payware. I’ll pass. Thanks for the link.

2 Likes

Yes to your question and it also have a lot of other functions.

It’s only $10 and an excellent program. I agree that payware is payware, but getting a really good program for an extremely reasonable price is very rare in the flight sim universe.

Thanks, I took the bait and bought it…
Just did a first test yesterday and half of the features seem not to work (for me).

• Spawning at city or pre-defined POI: OK :slight_smile:
  • Using map address from Bing Maps: Doing nothing :frowning:
  • Using the “Airports” sheet to select an Airport and press “Start Flight”: :frowning: Either nothing, or spawning in the Atlantic Ocean in front of Africa (I guess those are coordinates 0 longitude and 0 latitude).

I will do some more trials with more time.
Anyway, since these forums are not for customer support, please let me know how to contact you in case my issues are not resolved.
I hope I can make this work, I have been waiting for a solution like this, to spawn on the ground at any airport in the world, without needing to go to world map.
Cheers

Update: The author e-mailed me a patch, and now the “Airport-warping” works fine!
Just did a multi-warp trial hopping between 6 different airports in different parts of the world, and it went fine!
So, 10 euros well spent!

It’s a great program. I’ve had it for ages, and use it mostly for quickly resetting take off, pattern, and landing practice when learning a new plane. 1 click and you’re back in position to do another iteration, so you can do a load of repetitions to learn much faster, as well as interleave them with different types to cross check.

@Voss1917 Could I make a request? Please add a time selector to the start flight. It’s a bit disconcerting when you switch to another airport in a completely different timezone and it’s pitch dark, and you slam into the ground trying to change the time! A slider might be useful instead of a text prompt for it.

Support and request for additional functionallity for this app should be addressed to the email address you got from Simmarket or via the FStarter - www.flightsim4fun.com - rksoftware

My bad, right you are!