FSTramp issues

Good evening everyone. I have been critical and posted information about my inability to use FSTramp with my setup. Here is my latest CTD error:

Faulting application name: FSTramp for MSFS11.exe, version: 8.4.4.0, time stamp: 0x5ff60288
Faulting module name: combase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.928, time stamp: 0xf338dc14
Exception code: 0xc0000602
Fault offset: 0x000781cb
Faulting process id: 0x21a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d748ae5fb31bd9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\FSTramp\FSTramp for MSFS11.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\combase.dll
Report Id: a35a8081-7212-4e19-be64-85abba7dc9de
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Here are my specs…

Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 (fully updated)
NVIDIA 1080 TI Extreme 11GB (latest drivers)
64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM 3200MHz (not overclocked)
MSI Tomahawk Wifi X570 Mobo
Ryzen 7 3800X (not overclocked)
TCA Airbus First Officers edition with Yoke, Throttle and add on quadrant
MSFS on m.2 drive (1TB)

Everything I have done so far:

Reload windows on brand new drive (m.2)
Reinstall MSFS
Reinstalled MSFS on separate SSD/M.2 Drive
Verified Windows language pack correctly selected
SFC /scannow
Run TSTramp in compatibility mode

It will definatly CTD if I start FSTramp at the airport cold and dark at the gates. The only way I have got it to work is I spawn my aircraft on final, flaps and gear down ready to land. I would start FST, then land, taxi to my parking then shutdown and begin my flight preps for my flight. Pretty crazy. I have no antivirus, not overclocking, nothing.

Can everybody that had this issue that have got it fix, chime in and let me know what you fix was?? Sometimes I get the UCRTBASE error, other times the COMBASE one. I really like FSTramp, but the creator, Helge is MIA and doesn’t respond to support emails. Haven’t seen an update on the program in a while as well.

Hi

I had the same problem till 3 days ago.
Fixed now. No more CTD. Just change the steps on startup of FSTramp.

Steps :
1- Start FSTramp - Don’t need to create the flightplan.
2- Start MSFS 2020 - Enjoy your flight.

Simple as that.

ALWAYS START FStramp 1st. then MSFS 2020.

Hope it works for you.
Stay well.

Bellini1202, thanks for the reply. That doesnt work for me. It crashes right when I either have FST open when I load a flight or if I start it after flight is loaded. Always about 90% loaded then it crashes, if I have it started before I start MSFS.

I have 95% success if I start MSFS, start a flight on the runway, then I load a program called FStarter, spawn at 28000, at 280 knots. Then I start FST, then use FStarter to now spawn on final at the airport I am planning my flight from, land, taxi to gate, shutdown, then load up Vpilot, my kneepad and THEN start my other programs to get my flight started.

PAIN IN THE â– â– â– !!

Sorry didn’t work for you.
How , what a journey to start your programs. My goodness…

Just finish a flight in Alaska. PAOM-PAGA with C208B. Everything ok.
I was since last update without been able to use FSTramp.

Do you have your drivers and Xbox and Microsoft Store app and they’re apps updated ?

I have all my drivers updated, i will doublw check my xbox and MS Store app, but pretty sure they are as well.

I have a similar problem.

I erased all the data stored in the Common folder and tried with some airports designated as Depature. The result is as follows.

KSLC OK
KLGA OK
EBBR OK
EGDO OK
OMDB OK
VQTR CTD
RJCC CTD
RJTT CTD
ROKR OK
RCSS CTD

I have no idea what the solution is. I am currently checking with the developer.

Maybe I found the cause of these CTD \ ucrtbase.dll
FSTRAMP uses Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) 14.25.28508.3 library, when you go into Windows automatic updates the library is automatically updated to the latest version 14.29.30133.0
A reinstall of FSTRAMP corrects all this but the next update also from Microsoft Store the last library is re-stored and the one that FSTRAMP likes is deleted.

Thank you for the information. I have tried installing Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) 14.25.28508.3. But in my environment, no improvement has been seen and CTD continues to occur. This CTD seems to occur when starting from the airport, as BARTnFOCUS wrote. I was able to confirm it in my environment. Sorry broken english.

I can’t tell the difference, but when I run Fstramp with the common folder empty and MSFS running, I get CTD. But when I start MSFS in safe mode, I don’t get any CTD when I run Fstramp.

In my environment, this issue has been solved. The cause was “AIRPORT REGIONAL ENVIRONMENT X ASIA-PACIFIC” sold in the market. thank you.

2 Likes

If you have installed AIRPORT REGIONAL ENVIRONMENT X , ASIA, EUROPE, NORTH AMERICA ETC this third party software seems to be the problem, I deleted and no more CTD’s from FSTramp.

2 Likes

Wow this is awesome, I had so many addons for my MSFS, never would have thought it was the ARE’s. So far so good, no CTD, Thanks a billion!!

I also confirm; are the AREX. CTD’s are only available when you are stopped at an airport when you first enter the simulator, but not when you are in flight or when you land and go to the parking lot. If you change airports with the Teleport Window function in DEV Mode … even so you will have the CTD’s