FSUIPC 7. What is it used for?

Hi,

I’ve seen quite a lot of reference to the release of FSUIPC 7 for MSFS2020 but its never been clear to me exactly what this does.

I have Pilot2ATC that I use with XP11, do I still need FSUIPC to make this work? I’ve seen people say both yes and no!

What else can I use FSUIPC for? Is it another way of configuring peripherals?

Thanks,
Paul

In my case, every control and axis runs through FSUIPC where i have more granular control then in the main SIM. You can attach buttons to actions, keypresses etc and much more.

Its not simple but its worth the learning curve to setup.

Yes you definately require fsuipc7 in order to run pilot2atc with msfs 2020. Once you download this and set it up, you need to run it each time you want pilot2atc to connect to msfs.

FSUIPC is also required if you want to link MSFS to an external program like FSE.
Once you have been to a few places you know FSE is a nice way to give purpose to the flights you make.

For me the axis assignment in FSUIPC has always been the major reason I have used it in all previous sim versions. The calibration is after a little learning curve much better than in the built in one and at least in prior full versions of FSUIPC you could save them aircraft specific.

For example on my Saitek Yoke and Quadrant I have a total of 6 levers.
For a single and twin that is easy to sort out.
But I also flew the 4 engine pistons a lot in the old sims and with FSUIPC for example the Connies had a unique assignment that bound engine 1 and 2 to lever 1 and 3 and 4 to lever 2 each for throttle, prop and mixture.

Aircraft that do not need a prop lever can easily use a prop lever for the spoiler axis using FSUIPC and as soon as the next aircraft is loaded it all switched automatically.

FSuipc7 fixed some sttuters on landings for me too.

Ok, thanks folks, I’ll put it on the shopping list!