FSUIPC7 performance hit

Recently got a A Pilot’s Life 2, which requires FSUIPC7. Unfortunately, I’ve noticed that FSUIPC7 causes a regular microstutter every few seconds (even with APL closed which is why I’m making a different thread). Goes away if you disconnect from MSFS from within FSUIPC7. Anyone know any tips to get FSUIPC7 to suck less, or is the hit to performance just something people put up with? Tried googling, didn’t find much. Not running Volanta…

1 Like

Not much help sorry, other than to say I’ve run FSUIPC7 on two different PCs and have not had these microstutters you speak of.

2 Likes

Never had this with FSUIPC.

2 Likes

Does fsuipc7 still have the auto save function that previous versions had?
If so, try turning rhat off.

I’m getting the same microstutter in SU12 Beta when running FSUIPC.

2 Likes

I fly APL2 and in the beta. Don’t have this issue and didn’t noticed before either

Maybe people with lower performance setups just don’t see it? It’s subtle – I might not have even noticed it if I wasn’t panning the view around quite a bit, but that causes a pretty noticeable stutter, along with the little rhythmic microstutters every 1-2 seconds if the camera is still.

I’d say its Pilots Life2 issue over FSUIPC7. FSUIPC7 is the connection between the sim and PL. So that is where my effort would be to find the answer.

If you actually read my post you’d notice I said it happens even when APL isn’t runnning and even stops when I disconnect from MSFS within FSUIPC7, so no, it’s not an APL issue.

So if you think its a fsuipc7 issue, go over to the FSUIC7 forum and ask John to have a look. He is very responsive to these type of things provided you give him all the info you can. FSUIPC7 MSFS - The simFlight Network Forums

1 Like

No change on my end with or without FSUIPC.

Are you running anything else that requires it / interfacing with it that may be the culprit?

nope. Again, maybe this is only noticeable if you’re getting more than 40 FPS?

Given I run well over that, I would tend to think not.

The amount of addons available that utilize FSUIPC (meaning their install base is quite large) if this was an actual FSUIPC issue I think it be well documented / heard of.

It’s clearly FSUIPC that’s causing it. When I turn it off, the stuttering stops, and when I turn it back on, the microstutters are back. It’s with default aircraft, and there aren’t any addons running in the background.

1 Like

Exactly my experience too. Definitely possible this is only hitting people in the MSFS beta right now, so might actually be worth heading over to the FSUIPC forums and letting them know

1 Like

Are you on the beta?

Test without Autosave check on FSUIPC menu

I’m using the free version so no autosave in the menu.

@BravoFoxMike I seem to have fixed it I think — I uninstalled FSUIPC7 and then reinstalled it, but this time made sure the “extras” was unchecked, and now I can’t reproduce this issue. Does this work for you too? (if so I’ll green check this topic)

I tried reinstalling FSUIPC with no extras, but unfortunately the stutters are still there when FSUIPC is running. During the first flight I didn’t really see it and thought it was the solution, but when I tried a second flight in the Cessna Caravan at another airport in New Zealand (latest WU and SU12 Beta), I could still see that rhythmic stutter when looking to either side. It’s definitely there, at least for me.

Add FSUIPC to the antivirus exclusions.

2 Likes