FSUIPC7 won't work since new update on the 26th of September

Hello, lately since the latest update with FSUICP7, I have had nothing but problems with the FSUIPC7, where it won’t start at all, I installed and un-installed many times, I restarted the computer, I even tried using the “run with administrator” mode… and nothing!

I use the Air tool and PACX, and I can’t use them now because the darn FSUIPC7 not working, I know many people are also having problems with it.

As for the exe file, it’s the same as last time it worked… and not has changed.

Any ideas or solutions, besides the ones I already tried?

The faster the answer the better! as I am wanting to fly soon using the passenger app and I leave on vacation tomorrow, so would like to know asap.

Thank you!

Hello there is an updated version out. I to have to manually start fsuipc from the exe. I just create a shortcut to it on my desktop. Hope this helps

I downloaded the newer version as i mentioned so many times and nothing. I don’t know what you mean by manually starting it from the exe?
If you meant from the file. I did that already…
I also tried doing a shortcut on the desktop and that made things worst…

Maybe explain in step by step on what you did for the exe and the shortcut?

Sure, what I did is I went into the FSUIPC directory, right click on the Fsuipc.exe and made it a shortcut on my desktop. I also made sure to set it as Run as Administrator. That is where I launch it from and I no issues. I just does not autostart. I use if for Proatc/sr and Flight Simulator First Officer

The game exe.xml method used for the autostart is not reliable in general. Apps are not always launched as far as I have seen. I would suggest you to use the FSUIP bat file instead (it launches both FSUIPC and game). I can confirm that FSUIPC works because I have been using the previous version with beta for several weeks. Now there´s a new version anyway and it also works with SU10. It works if you launch it either before game or when game is already running (e.g: during a flight).

Important hint: you don´t need to run anything as admin for FSUIPC to work but if you do it then all other things need to run as admin as well (game, any other apps which are launched by FSUIPC itself and other apps which will be talking to FSUIPC).

The bat file can be simplified and just use something like this (replace the path with the one where you have it installed):

cmd.exe /C start F:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe

cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App -FastLaunch

Cheers

2 Likes

@geloxo thank you, I just run those apps as admin. Thank you for your input. I just hope he can get flying again

1 Like

Thank you! however, I don’t know much about computers and codes… The links you mentioned on the bottom, please tell me step by step where to put them, and how!

Thank you :slight_smile:

Just copy the content I posted into a Notepad file and rename the file to change the .txt extension by a .bat extension. That´s all.

Inside the file contents replace F:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe by the path where you have FSUIPC installed. Anyway FSUIPC installer also creates its own bat file. If you struggle to create your own just use it. It should be in your desktop when you finish installation.

Cheers

1 Like

I was hoping for some assistance with Key assignments through FSUIPC7 paid version.
I have a 3rd party GNS530 GPS and was hoping with FSUIPC7 would then allow me assign the hardware buttons to work back to the Sim. The action of button movement doesn’t result in the desired action. Example I press Menu and the sim screen doesn’t reflect the button push.
Is there a simple or something I have missed in setup of Keys in FSUIPC7. Thanks