FSX Import Showcase

I can confirm a few things here that i have gathered from other users that have helped massively.

*To skip the intro videos when opening MSFS2020 add “-FastLaunch” to your launch options in steam.

*Prepar3d SDK has the files needed for ModelConverterX if you don’t have the FSX SDK

Texture Issues

(Download DXTBmp program to re-save incorrect formatted textures)
BMP files will work however they must be saved as Extended Bitmap - 32bit 888-8. DDS files should be saved as the DDS DXT5. You will know if they are the correct format if you set extra large icons in windows file explorer and you should be able to preview the bmp and dds files. If not they are likely 16bit BMP or DXT1-DXT3 etc.

Effects Files

effect files (.fx) can be placed in an Effects folder in the root of your package. For example:

[my project name]

• [Effects]
  • [SimObjects]
2 Likes

Big thanks but still no no fix for warbirds and piston aircaraft with the engine cut off … shame i love old aircraft

Does the engine only cut out when trying to take off from the ground? Or are they cutting out mid air?

both ! for piston aircraft it dosnt want to go even if you press and for the jet its middle ground solution messing with runaway flt hit andf miss

thanks shane ! if i can keep the warbirds and old plane flying without engine cut off ( noticed if you go to pause mode you done the engine goes off too with most conveerted plane with proplers !! )

the runway flt of Cj4 than you put engine setting from 747 in it to be able to take off from runway …

I tried my next ac from Thomas Ruth the free a330. The model works on day but I try to take some tweaks with the night light. The illumination of the overheadpanel works,

1 Like

I hope the next update will bring a lot of improvements and makes it easier for us to mod the sim.

thanks bro ill try i let you know :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

i did the antonov 225 as well - wish there was an updated texture for it.

yeah… its still an fsx aircraft though so i don’t expect much just enjoy having it.

Thanks SicnicShane. I am playin with engine settings on my own aircraft import, as my idle is too low and the slow prop shows as a result. I copied the engine CFG from the beechcraft and all is fine, but as soon as I change the HP or prop thrust to suit my aircraft the issue re-appears !! I will try your cfg script.

Ok eating my words. Turns out I was able to get pushback to work. No need to use reverse thrust to back out of the gate…

Enjoy

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of the SR-71 and would pay for an addon. All the best with development.

1 Like

Can I ask you why are you performing step #1 and step #2 while they can be made by Importer since earliest versions? I am dev of this utility so kind of curios - maybe these features does not work properly.

1 Like

Step 2 I can probly cut out now that I have experimented with MSFS Legacy Importer more.
Step 1 I was doing manually as the texture converter wasn’t working for me in previous versions however it does now in version 0.0.2.0 as there is a secondary option which works for me However…
Generally i just look at the texture folders and preview the files. If I cant see the preview i just update the BMP’s to 32bit and DDS files to DXT5.
Is there an advantage to updating the textures to DDS from bitmap? It seems like an unnecessary step as the bmp textures work well however I am unaware if there is performance advantage to using all DDS textures.

normally mipmaps makes some difference (save video memory) but not sure about this case. only reason why all BMP images appear as required conversion - program checking extension, not format itself. thanks for the answers.

I have a big problem with my converter planes after the update 1.8.3.0.

When run the simulator no have problem, but run a normal flight and enter in to VC the simulator shutdown i return to desktop.

Before this update my airplanes no issues.

Any here with this problem after the update 1.8.3.0 ?

2 Likes

Same here, external view is fine, but as soon as I switch to VC of a ported plane, the game crashes.

1 Like