FSX scenery conversion when the original author is unreachable

• Community Expert

• Registered Users

Posted 28 minutes ago

I was hesitant to pose my query in here regarding this Topic, but as the saying goes, “If you don’t know something, simply ask,” so I will do just that… here goes. I am aware that the chances of me getting a response are slim, but it’s worth a try.

I was fortunate to obtain permission to convert, other sceneries like those by Ed Geerner, Roger Wensley, and most recently FSX- ICABARU by David Maldonado, but Due to Brian Smith’s email address being inactive, 2MO Mount Vernon Municipal Airport has been difficult.

If you guys know Brian Smith directly or know how to contact him, it would be great. He produced a bunch of scenes for FS9, but 2MO Mount Vernon Municipal caught my eye.

I was also curious about your experiences with moving forward with a conversion if an Author is unreachable. The Scenery is a 17-YO Scenery released back in 2006 all of these conversions are for Personal use only with slight improvements to adapt them to MSFS, unless permitted to share with of-course Credits to the original Author.

I would Really love to Bring back some more of the Great FS9-FSX Scenery Gems and adapt them to MSFS with some improvements to adapt them to MSFS Environment at least the ones not yet created for MSFS.

The only information I have for Brian Smith is the following, which seems to no longer be active: Brian Smith, back4smith@yahoo.com

I’m pretty sure if for personal use and not released you don’t need permission.

1 Like

Hi there. I moved your topic to SDK, where airport and scenery designers discuss things.

1 Like