Full checklists for all aircraft

How about including full checklists for all aircraft? I noticed that the more complex aircraft only have checklists to pre-takeoff. It would be nice to have the rest of the checklists for all phases of flight (even emergency checklists).

Please provide not only that dumbed-down gamers checklists for hop-in an fly… thats ok for gamers and fast fun… but what is with us nerdy simmers?
I hope that, down the road, we see replicas of the original manufacturers checklist 1:1(It’s ok if not everything is working in the planes, but to learn the planes please do not skip items) for normal and emergency procedures.
You have a pretty and capable checklists interface, so please modify it’s content in relation to the experience level we select. On Hard/Real life please give us that origin checkliste for realism’s sake…
The emergency procedures on an extra tab to select for any suspected error and its related procedure.

I know, so many things to do in this open beta :yum:, but as that is for it’s biggest part work no programer is needed i guess that it will cost your most skilled intern maybe two weeks of work for all of your GA’s…
Please, redirect an intern:

• less coffee for you / yeah, more sleep for you guys!
  • real checklists for us
  • when simmers working checklists, we are distracted and forget about our most favourite activity… complaining :shushing_face:

I want to get rid of all that manual paperwork, finally!
Thanks for your work! :blue_heart:

the aircraft checklists desperately need to be patched. only 4 of the base game aircraft have anything even remotely close to acceptable checklists. all checklists should be (at least) to the standard of the 172 or 930. merge the checklists with the nonexistent tutorials and most planes are not inviting to the uninitiated. these planes are simply unfinished. please patch.

1 Like

look here only $1.88 full checklist build in ism Checklist for Carenado's Cessna 182T

1 Like

Just give the means to develop custom checklists of our own.

We have to get them from various sources on the web.

I built my own EFB using MSExcel. I add checklists as I need them

2 Likes

This might be useful:
http://freechecklists.net/simchecklists.asp

4 Likes

thanks very much for your help.

As much as the third party sites help, they are missing some of the new aircraft and more complex systems. I’d also say we need the reference data so we know what power and RPM values are required for different stages in flight. There just isn’t enough info out on the internet for the modern aircraft.

1 Like

With patience you can find almost anything. For example the B787-8/9/10 Dreamliner, check this stuff out (specifically charts in Chapter 3):

Great news for MSFS2020 !!

If you want to build your own custom non-interactive checklists, you now can. In addition to P3D, and earlier versions of MSFS, MCE now supports MSFS2020. But this utility does a lot more than just custom checklists !!.

Unless you already know about it, Multi Crew Experience (MCE) provides impressive checklists that you can modify to your liking. I’ve been using this product for years. It’s simply a must have for my flight deck.

Checkout the full details at : www.multicrewexp.com

Numerous YouTube video demos are available. I have a few under P3Dv4.5 on my limited channel “IBOMILES”. I hope to do more under MSFS2020 in the near future. But first, I’ll wait to see if default ATC in MSFS2020 is updated with an option to mute the FO during Comm w/ ATC. In the meantime I’m using the MSFS20/20 FO voice along with MCE simultaneously with interesting results. I will put a small demo on my channel.

The MCE demo will illustrate that once you’re in the flight phase, most responses if not all responses to ATC simply require you to say “click one” to say [read back -acknowledge] or “click 2” to say [repeat- say again]. The FO in FSX, P3D or MSFS2020 will respond on your behalf.

With MCE. don’t try to get the FO to respond to your commands while in VR mode to push buttons or switch levers or turn knobs. That does not work yet.

I definitely miss this. I believe during one of the streams Asobo told that they are going to improve this part of the sim and add more checklists, but I don’t see many changes so far (though I don’t follow all aircrafts).

Nice, features request, voted !

It’ll be nice to have but a full checklist is kinda useless if nothing on that said checklist is actually operational in the sim.

For the full checklist to be actually made and useful, the instruments used to actually do the checklist needs to be operational first.

Otherwise, you’ll get something like the A32NX mod, where it has a full checklist, but half of them are inoperable so you would be “pretending” to check it off the list.

I never really go through all of them though. They take too much time in the sim so I came up with my own simplified checklist to do to get myself in the air within 10 mins.

2 Likes

We need the kneeboard back, and one you can add your own PDF’s to and at least you can edit the text of.
The community can take care of the rest.

2 Likes

I’d love having complete and correct checklists implemented in the game. It’d make learning new planes much easier so I don’t have to use google or forums like this to learn a startup procedure.

Hello all,

I have been away for awhile and did not review the latest posts on this subject.

I have 2 solutions for you:

KNEEBOARD VIEWER KV2 – The AVSIM Library has a Kneeboard Viewer that is “always on top” It works with all simulators (incl MSFS2020). What’s great about the little utility is you can assign ANY window to be your kneeboard. As such, the customization options are unlimited. Your kneeboard can be a text file, a pdf w/ tabs, an image, a program, a web browser w/ tabs, anything . . . .you want.

SIM TOOLKITPRO – This program provides great support for flight simmers. One of the features is checklists you can create and share with the community. This program also has an optional pop out window that looks similar to the FSX/P3D kneeboard!! Creating checklists in this program is labor intensive but the finished product is slick!!

Neither are viewable in VR but a new utility available promises to work.

[Rafael Santos - Ingamepanels Pack for MSFS - FlightSim.Com Store]
(https://store.flightsim.com/product/rafael-santos-ingamepanels-pack-4in1-for-msfs/)

Getting the in-game checklists working anything like Xchecklist does – user editable and interacting with hooks into the sim’s state for each switch and parameter would be terrific. I don’t know if that’s easier or harder for the devs, but then they wouldn’t need to make all the checklists; the community could.

Alternatively, can it be opened to 3rd parties and marketplace? I’d be willing to pay a few bucks for advanced in-game interactive checklists for the planes I fly.

Does anyone know why Asobo decided not to include the full checklists for most of their default aircraft? Even though there’s a fair amount of systems that are INOP at the moment, but it still just seems kind of odd.

Like the idea, voted!