G1000 big issue

After long time I’m back to fly with standard Cessna G1000 and DA62 both equipped with G1000.
After few operations on screens both coming locked: not possible to set waypoints, instruments display locked, radios frequencies locked.
No mods installed.
I searched in this forum and on internet without found any help.
Anyone have this issues ? And if yes knows a solution ?
Thanks

I’ve had the PFD and the moving map freeze but never the actual Garmin controls. What happens if you hit buttons like FPL, PROC? Can you switch from GPS to LOC1/LOC2?

Hi, the map freezes and any button receive inputs.
Also speed, altitude, heading freezed but the flight continue and is possible to land safely.
No problems with planes where is the G3000 like TBM and Longitude.

Before the freeze happened, was one of the last things you did involve using Direct To? That’s still a known problem even today. It will cause a freeze.

With DA62 the freezes happend few seconds after I began to insert the first waypoint in a flightplan; i reach the first letter (L) and when i’ searching the second letter (I) the knob become unusable. I move throttle but the engine power indicator dont move as the other gauges (radios etc). But the plane is usable. Only the Garmins are freezed.
Same with Cessna G1000; with this I tried to input D direct to function and after first letters same freeze.

Only to specify that I dont use ifr functions (like nav, apr etc)…only gps functions.

I think you were made aware that Direct To really doesn’t work too stably in the “FPL after Land Crash” thread?

Same situation here. Direct To is still not consistently working as one would expect.

You’ll have to just exit out and plan your flights unfortunately. Or wait until Sim Update 3 in February 2021, perhaps this will be fixed by Asobo in that update.

1 Like

Thanks @CasualClick
The strange is that with G3000 on other planes I havent any problem.
I will wait for opdates.
Thanks for attention.
Bye

Assuming you are on “modern” for the aircraft. That is the only thing I can think of which might be affecting this. I do not have that issue, but don’t fly in those planes a lot. TBM sometimes, but not recently and for sure not after latest patch.

Hi @MeridianSquid71 thanks.
Me too prefer TBM and Longitude without glas cockpit problems (G3000).
I recognize that with G1000 that was a lot of weeks I dont flown.
Bye

I think i had the same issue. No airports would display, and if i set a route from the world map, the FMS would display the GPS direction and AP would work, but the G1000 map would display no route and I wouldn’t be able to set anything.

I fixed it by reinstalling the game :frowning:

p.s. this is where i opened my thread, i have some screens in case it looks the same for you.

G1000 - no airports - Self-Service / Bugs & Issues - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Will be very interested if you find some other way to fix this other than reinstalling the game whole game which for me took a whopping 24HOURS (not joking)

I had the same issue. Unistalled Navigraph and things went back to normal.

1 Like

I’ve had it a few times. Opening whichever page froze on the first screen on the second screen often fixes it for me. I don’t think I’ve ever had both screens frozen.

Have you considered trying the Working Title G1000 mod? I held off on it for a while, but now I’m sorry I didn’t get it sooner.

Hi, good news (I hope):
After latest 1.11.7.0 MSFS update.
Starting from @SidePancake3708 suggestion I uninstalled Navigraph beta sw for MSFS (I’m Navigraph subscriber) and Im able to set a short flightplan in DA62 (G1000 equipped).
No frozen at all.
Well, now I will post this in Navigraph support forum but an idea could be one conflict between Navigraph data provided by same this provider and the same (or older) data included by MSFS.
But I dont understand why the MSFS Navigraph data dont affect the planes with G3000.
Tomorrow I will perform other tests also with Cessna G1000.
Thanks all friends for attention and I will inform other Pilots.
Bye

@tclayton2k thanks: I have installed that but after first freeze I removed it. Now, as per my previous post where I explain Navigraph removing, I will try it again.
Bye

Update: now I found that:

and after dinner I will explore it.