G1000 needs complete rework

Not much to say but the title. Everyone can download Garmin Trainer for free and compare. MSFS basically lacks all functionality and is unusable for IFR flight. If an authority had to authorize these MSFS avionics the aircraft would be grounded right away.
Cannot MSFS just implement the whole Garmin Trainer software and keep it up to date along with Garmin´s updates?

Where is the free trainer? I only find a paid version?

Sorry, I mixed this up:
The free PC Trainer Suite is for GTN, G500/G600 TXi, GDU 620, GNX 375, GNC 355/355A, and GPS 175 only:

https://fly.garmin.com/fly-garmin/training/opportunities

The G1000 trainer does actually cost 50 USD. I would be happy if MSFS would just add these 50 bucks or maybe 200 to the normal price just to get a working avionics suite. Might have been better not to release a glas cockpit but would have defintively been honest not to make these fancy commercials involving the G1000 just to let people realize that it is only a fake G1000 unusable for real world IFR training… Very bad reputation, very bad!

1 Like

I don’t think most would want to add more costs for this software…

I know. Because of that I would prefer to pay a good developer like A2A or even Garmin itself for an addon. But I still believe it is up to MSFS to get things done because they did the massive advertising.
Without a doubt there is a market for G1000 trainers: Flight1 Aviation Technologies Consumer > Products

1 Like

I’m a pilot who bought MSFS (and a pricey rig to run it) specifically for IFR, and am disappointed. I can manipulate the G1000, but as soon as I activate an approach the entire game usually crashes.

1 Like

That’s a pretty tall order. Let’s think about this.

Garmin knows their own product. It’s all their code. So doing a “trainer” version of it isn’t particularly difficult in the grand scheme of things.

Garmin isn’t just going to give Microsoft / Asobo their IP. So from Asobo’s side they probably have to recreate the G1000 entirely from scratch… along with the G530/G430, the G3000, the airliner avionics, etc.

Not excusing it - it’s all pretty sloppy and incomplete. But to say “Oh just make it like Garmin Trainer” is a massive oversimplification.

Sim update 3 should include fixes for G1000/3000 and autopilot related issues…we’ll see what that means.

1 Like

Maybe you should have bought X-Plane, MSFS2020 is not ready for prime time IFR.

1 Like

Garmin avionics are already slated for updates with Sim Update 3, which should be coming out in early March. Thread closed.