G1000 Nxi from market place vs CRJ

Hy everyone ! does anyone here has experience any problem involving Aerosoft CRJ models and G1000-Nxi distributed on MSFS market place ? Despite not direct use by CRJ, when I have this NXi mod installed, the CRJ fails during flights (both engines turned off during flight, without no action by my side) or, after first flight, fail, the engines do not start anymore, either I prepare another new flight; N2 keep around 25%. To solve this issue, the unique way was reinstall all CRJ model, without NXi installed.
I’ve already try removing all files from community folder, reinstalled the CRJ planes; reinstalled MSFS full program; my last try was removing the Garmin 1000 NXi (freely distributed on MSFS market place).
Thanks for any correlation with previously occurrences, involving another situations; I’m really a bit frustrated for not use this excellent avionic tool (G1000 Nxi) on other flights, but I love fly on CRJ.

I would be curious if anyone else has this problem, but as a fix, could you use MSFS add on linker or whatever it is called to have them installed, but not running at the same time by unchecking certain add ones.

Add-on linker does not work with the NXi since the NXi is installed from within the Sim Marketplace. It is not an external mod that you place in your Community folder.

I am sorry we have no experience with that. The CRJ does not some with a G1000 so we are not planning to make it work.

That’s not the issue. The issue is that with the package installed, the CRJ doesn’t seem to work correctly despite not using the NXi

I’ve had no problems with the CRJ while having the NXi installed. Have you updated the NXi to the latest version?

I can’t see any way that the NXi could affect the CRJ. The CRJ is written in C++, running under WASM, while the NXi is JavaScript/HTML. (It might use some WASM behind the scenes, but that would only be active when an NXi-equipped aircraft is loaded).

I fly the CRJ almost exclusively, and have had the NXi installed since the first beta version came out, and have never had any problems.

I am sorry, we did not test that and to be honest, we will not be testing it. We intend the CRJ to be as close to the real thing as possible in this product. Adding compatibility with instruments that do not belong in the aircraft is simply beyond the scope of this project.

There is a report in the official Aerosoft CRJ forum about possible issues when using 3rd party GPS mods. So yes, it seems like they can interfere with other aircrafts too.

I think they mean that there are issues with the CRJ with just the NXi installed in your sim (for some mystical reason).

I dont think anyone expects the CRJ to actually use or be modeled with the NXi.

Any news on the HUD issue? my CRJ is grounded.

1 Like

Well, should there turn out to be a conflict of some kind, eventually you will have to deal with it, because the NXi will become a non-optional part of the standard package in a not too distant future.

1 Like

Perfetct, both models (CRJ, NXi) are from market place. But I use the msfs addon linker for other external MOD.

Yes, all updated?

Updated ! Sorry for ? In place of !

I don’t know what Aerosoft could do to address the problem. Since the CRJ is coded in a completely different programming language than the NXi, and operates in a WASM sandbox, there should be no way that the NXi could influence the CRJ. If there is some kind of interaction, it would be something internal to MSFS itself, which only Asobo could fix.

Ok, thanks. I’ve been doing the same as you. This problem suuddenly occurs inexpected situations and I create this topic to findout a better a good solution. The fact of everything work fine just after remove NXi does not make sense for me, but It correct the problem…

Do you use multiplayer by chance? I recall that back around SU3 in MSFS, there was an issue where the avionics and switches positions one MP aircraft could actually influence the behavior of systems in other players’ aircraft in the same MP session.

https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/cj4/2021/11/23/cj4-release-v0.12.10.html

We should have a fix for the HUD available on our side for non-Marketplace versions and will offer it before that to the Marketplace.

Not sure if that is correct. We have seen a few times that a non-sdk standard bit of scenery code, or even repaints, can cause problems. Of course when there are new bits of the simulator that cause issues, as we saw with the HUD and SU7, we will either fix it from our side or if we can’t discuss it with Microsoft. We did so for the HUD!