G1000 NXi Map Topo NEXRAD Zoom Issue?

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Loaded C&D into the Caravan with a preset weather of rain and was setting up my G1000NXi map options and ran into an oddity with the zoom levels.

I have the Map Opt to TER Topo and NEXTRAD On.

When I set the zoom to <=4NM I see normal colors for Topo, 5NM the map turns solid orange, 7.5NM solid orange, 10NM normal, 15NM solid green, 25NM solid orange, >=40NM normal.

Is this the expected behavior? I’ve not seen how NEXRAD looks on Xbox before.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Preset weather to Rain. Load Caravan at KTNP parking 19. Turn on avionics, set Map options to Topo, set NEXTRAD on. Change zoom level of map. Observe.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox Series X

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

This is also occurring with the HSI map, too, but at different zoom levels with different solid colors.

As I’m flying, the map(s) keep cycling from various solid colors (orange, green, deep reddish orange) and normal.

This part is correct real-world NXi behavior: NEXRAD is disabled at 4NM or under. The rendering issues on XBox have been logged, though, thanks.

2 Likes

I just checked out the 1.27.11 update to the beta and wanted your input on NEXRAD for Xbox.

Since I’d never seen NEXRAD before, is this the correct implementation?:

Thanks, Matt!

Do you have a weather preset or user defined weather selected, as opposed to live weather?

Yes, since it never ever rains, I’m using the Rain preset for testing.

Then yep, looks perfect. The rain present will have a somewhat uniform set of preciptation like you see in your screenshots.

NEXRAD in general (in the sim and in real life) is not high resolution like a dedicated onboard weather radar, so the resolution looks correct, and the NEXRAD draw distance looks to be about 150NM, which is also correct for the sim.

1 Like

Awesome, and thank you for your prompt attention.

Fixed in 1.27.11 update.

EDIT: incorrect version number

1 Like

Hi Bisop, Is is normal to only see NEXRAD with map detail above 1. Detail one doesn’t show anything. Other than that it looks to be working.

Yes, that is correct behavior per the real unit. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

NICE!!! Thanks.

FIxed for me too then :slight_smile: