G2 Audio - Top tip, or I'm an idiot

Had the HP Reverb G2 for a month now but obviously only using for FS2020 for a few days.

I was slightly disappointed that the speakers didn’t cover my ears and were lacking in bass response.

No amount of adjusting the angle of the stalks the speakers are mounted to improved it.

Yesterday I discovered the speakers can actually slide/telescope up and down their stalks so can cover the ears. Now the audio sounds amazing with proper bass.

So this is either a top tip for G2 owners, or I’m an idiot :grin:

1 Like

Not only you can slide them down for adjustment, but you might want to look at the “Sound Settings” chapter in the following post for additional options:

My 2070 SUPER VR settings and suggestion (Reverb G2 - WMR)

1 Like

Clearly I am an idiot as well. Thank you!

1 Like

Woah! I didn’t know about the sliding either! I’ll have to check it out.

1 Like

@DNBOF How do you like the HP G2? I just ordered it and hope to get it by end of Jan, mid Feb. How’d you get yours so soon?

1 Like

I’m pretty impressed with the G2. I like the weight and the design, happily wearing it over glasses for an hour or so at a time without discomfort, and I have a big head. Whole WMR setup for me was totally painless, it just worked.

Took some tweaking of settings to get it working well for me in MSFS, but plenty of useful guides from selfless others on this forum so no lack of information on that side. You’ll spend time tweaking, untweaking, eventually getting to settings that suit your personal taste and just fly. I’ve been doing lots of mountain flying in GA and just love the combination.

As for ordering, I was just checking the UK HP store for the price and G2 with controllers was “In stock” and I ordered immediately and arrived next day. Just lucky I guess.

@DNBOF Cool! Looking forward to getting it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.