G36 Improvement Project

“Weird Sites”?

1 Like

For those unfamiliar with Github. below is a very quick & dirty screen grab on my laptop with how to download the latest development beta.

I’ve also pushed a small update across as a folder snuck in that was not-required.

To get our development version

1. Ensure you have selected the development branch

2. Click the green code button

3. Click the Download Zip button

4. Info & documentation in either the readme.md file or WIP POH in documentation folder, soon to be moved to the ‘Bonanza Hangar’ in game panel.

5 Likes

so there are no liveries that work for this mod right now? or is there a way to make the default ones work?

Liveries will work but will need to be renamed to reflect the fact the aircraft is its own aircraft now.

I hope to put out a short instruction set later today but i am away from my FS machine until Sunday night (UK) so wont be able to validate until mon morning.

1 Like

ok thank you very much

Getting Liveries to Work

As you all know in Beta 3 we have now made our mod it’s own aircraft rather than modifiying the base version. This was done for a number of reasons, the first it allows us to move into working on parts of the exterior/interior modelling, undertaking deeper systems modelling, and creating our hangar module, and second it helps with fixing some conflicts with other mods that work on the G36 as well.

With this change it does mean that liveries and text changes made to the default G36 won’t work straight out the box and will require some editing to make work with our aircraft.

Instructions on how to make liveries and/or textures to work are shown below:

For Aircraft Liveries

1. Download the livery as you would normally and install following the authors instructions.

2. Once installed, locate the aircraft.cfg file in the livery mod folder and open in a text editor.

3. Locate the line: base_container = "..\Asobo_Bonanza_G36" and rename this to base_container = "..\Bonanza_G36_Improvement_Project" not forgetting to save.

4. Locate the model.cfg file in the livery model folder and open in a text editor.

5. Locate the line: exterior=../../Asobo_Bonanza_G36/model/Bonanza_g36.xml and rename this to exterior=../../Bonanza_G36_Improvement_Project/model/Bonanza_g36.xml

6. Locate the line: interior=../../Asobo_Bonanza_G36/model/Bonanza_g36_interior.xml and rename this to interior=../../Bonanza_G36_Improvement_Project/model/Bonanza_g36_interior.xml

7. Update the layout.json file to reflect any changes to folder structure etc

8. Load the sim and check the livery is working

For mods that change things like cockpit textures or panel textures etc the instructions are slightly different.

1. Download the texture pack as you would normally and install following the authors instructions.

2. Locate the aircraft folder in Community\your new texture mod folder name \SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36

3. Change the Asobo_Bonanza_G36 name to Bonanza_G36_Improvement_Project

4. Update the layout.json file to reflect the folder structure change.

5. Load the sim and check the livery is working

Hopefully these instructions help, essentially you need to change the reference to Asobo_Bonanza_G36 to Bonanza_G36_Improvement_Project wherever you find it.

You may also need to check load order if the livery isn’t loading into the sim. Your texture mod will need to load after our mod now - I will remove the z from our folder name for the next release.

And finally, if nothing else works check the layout.json file to ensure it matches the changes you’ve made.

9 Likes

Excellent, thanks very much for this! Worked perfectly for me

1 Like

A sneak peak for what’s coming next!

31 Likes

Whoa! Almost like A2A’s Accu-Sim! Very impressive!

1 Like

Very exciting!

Will it be possible to also include an option to position the aircraft exactly where you left it?

1 Like

@StevoSim

I did think about this and it brings some challenges, particularly if you are completing a landing challenge or something similar.

I might be able to add a button that saves the position at the end of the flight and then maybe (depending on simvar access) be able to have another button that allows you to load that position perhaps. I would need to check.

5 Likes

Is it possible to intergrate a “both” option in the fuel selector for longer flights? Because its slightly annoying having to check all the time.

Hey @Leonstyx4272

Its probably not something that we’ll look at doing as this isn’t in the actual G36. Managing fuel burn across the two tanks is integral to the real aircraft, sorry.

5 Likes

Not a problem, ill just get used to some better fuel management. I have also noticed that there is some sort of state saving already implemented? Because every time i load into the aircraft all the switches are already on. Is it possible somehow to change that to cold and dark for the time being until the bonanza hangar gets implemented?

@Leonstyx4272

I do share your pain though! :slight_smile: I normally run one tank down to an increment on the gauge then swap. I’ve got better at planning and normally end up with not too large an offset between tanks. Its fun to try and get it level :slight_smile:

Alright ill keep that in mind when flying thanks!

I read a tip which I always use now and it’s quite simple.
Using an analogue clock/watch, when the minute hand is on the right side (i.e. 1 - 30) use the right tank. When on the left side (31-60) use the left tank.
Of course you have to be able to find an analogue clock… or convert a digital!!!

3 Likes

You can also use the timer in the PFD, every 15 minutes switch tanks and reset the timer, keeps them nice and balanced.

A great tip, thank you!

Quick question. Is it just me or is the aircraft a bit underpowered? Because earlier today i was doing a flight from LSZR to LOWI and had to cruise at FL120 to get over the alps but the aircraft couldn’t make it up there. The load was 87kg fuel and around 250kg payload. Any idea why this could’ve been caused? Also i was using the FLC so it was climbing at 100kts as it says in the manual. The climb up to around 4000ft is really high with around 1800ft/min and then at around 8000 it drops to around 800ft/min and then after around 11000 ft it just stops climbing all together.